Fan not coming on

R

Rossi

Jan 6, 2014
Engine staring great on my 2009 Big Red. However Fan not turning and radiator not working, even after warming it up for 10 minutes. Relays and fuses changes, thermostat changed out, new thermostat sensor installed.
Any ideas?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
With a short warm up, it should not work yet! Needs to get hot. Then water will flow. Then when the oil/water gets hot enough the fan will come on.
You can test it by grounding out the wire on the thermo sensor.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine rarely comes on unless it is hot outside and the machine is not moving very fast or I am taxing the motor pulling something.

C

Cookie

Apr 28, 2017
Eastern Tennessee
Ownership

1. Big Red
I just got mine----2009. I've not seen the fan come on yet. No mil or temp lights. Everything seems to be fine. There is a lot of heat (seems like) that comes from under the parking brake lever. I know the fan works because I ran a hot wire straight to it. Somebody let me know if there is a problem....Thanks, so very much.

C

Cookie

Apr 28, 2017
Eastern Tennessee
Ownership

1. Big Red
Hey. It's me again. I ran the BR some today and as was said above, it was warm outside, I ran in 4 wheel drive a lot, and let it idle with the hood open. The fan came on and tickled me to death. Thankful nothing is wrong.....Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!