P1000 Fancy connecting rods

K

ku4ns

Oct 24, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I need a little help with which rod bearing to order. I can see a small Roman numeral 2 but I can't see a color on the rod beating itself. I followed the other thread with a similar problem but still need some assistance.

IMG 3146 IMG 3162 IMG 3128 IMG 3129

Reactions: knuckledeep
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not sure on bearings I was pretty sure on only one set available, but I'd replace the studs and nuts. They didn't hold to factory torque settings for me so had to replace them. They use the same part number as an older Honda Civic so easy to get ahold of.
Was this a water ingesting issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: pct and knuckledeep
K

ku4ns

Oct 24, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure on bearings I was pretty sure on only one set available, but I'd replace the studs and nuts. They didn't hold to factory torque settings for me so had to replace them. They use the same part number as an older Honda Civic so easy to get ahold of.
Was this a water ingesting issue?

Yes, it did go for a swim. They're three different sets of bearings available for these.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes, it did go for a swim. They're three different sets of bearings available for these.
Documentation doesn't really exist on these and is a pita.
@GPR1500SC can you shine anything on this?

Reactions: pct
K

ku4ns

Oct 24, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They had to order mine from the color code on the crank. Hope this helps

It looks like white on the counter weight of the crankshaft. I have that in the photo, is that the correct location or is it in a different area? Thanks for the post, I don't want to order all of them to make sure I have the right one.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would check with a tech,I will check with the service dept tech that rebuilt mine and find out for you

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!