mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have E-track in my trailer yet, so I'm stuck with the basic D-rings & ratchet straps. What are your favorite spots on your Pioneer to strap it down?

Reactions: jp_over
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
I don't have E-track in my trailer yet, so I'm stuck with the basic D-rings & ratchet straps. What are your favorite spots on your Pioneer to strap it down?

Before the e-track I would use the hitch and the frame just behind the front A-arms. I never liked the Honda way shown in the book or pulling on the A-arms.

Reactions: Raynman
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The backside has several options, but the front is a little tougher. I ended up using the upper control arm the one time I've trailered it, but I don't like that either. I'll look at the frame behind the front suspension & see if there's an obvious spot there.

When I get E-track, I'm gonna get the straps that go over the tires. That is really the best way to tie it down. That way the suspension can move freely without the chance that a strap will pop off.

Thanks!

Reactions: Raynman and JimmyA
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The backside has several options, but the front is a little tougher. I ended up using the upper control arm the one time I've trailered it, but I don't like that either. I'll look at the frame behind the front suspension & see if there's an obvious spot there.

When I get E-track, I'm gonna get the straps that go over the tires. That is really the best way to tie it down. That way the suspension can move freely without the chance that a strap will pop off.

Thanks!
I use tire bonnets on the front and may end up with them on the back. So far its been a very secured method.

R

rpmwerks

Jan 5, 2018
Somers CT
I use Erickson Wheel Chock Tie-Down Kit on all four wheels even though i know its total over kill, these things work amazingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Koda and ohanacreek
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the front, I use the a-arms because its the only place my hooks will fit nicely. Only occasionally use the bumper.
Rear, I use the main vertical V frame above the hitch. There are holes on the inside that work nicely for my hooks.
Seems to hold tight.

Reactions: Ragnar406
J

JTW

My 2 cents.. front and back d rings on the machine
6478D678 F667 49EA A670 1C3E962976E6 7D482D11 B166 460F 8077 948F869A59C8 ED138669 3A58 4FA4 9B9B CB10E446B0D0

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I trailered it to N Idaho and back this last week. I snagged another set of soft-straps, so I've got a set for each end.
In the front, I wrapped them around the bottom of the bumper tube where it is welded to the frame on each side. It worked well.
The back, I put the soft straps around the vertical frame rail low on each side.

400 miles, and she stayed firm the whole way.

Reactions: TheHoover
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I load the P1000-3eps in my toyhauler I put 3 straps on the rear and one on front. The center straps stop any fwd/bkwd movement. The other 2 rear straps stop side movement. We hit a construction bump that sent the truck and trailer airborne and a hell of a bump down. When we arrived at our destination nothing had moved. That bump would be equal to a 35 mph crash. As for frame locations, front on center frame between a-frames. Rear on each side of hitch frame. Center rear on hitch itself. Hope this helps.

Reactions: THEOLDMAN
Alphonse

Alphonse

Sep 10, 2018
LA (Lower Alabama)
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I prefer the Honda recommendation. I use ratchet straps, compress the suspension, and marry the SxS suspension's vibratory system to the frame of the trailer. A trailer and a SxS vibrating independently are not my preference.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: THEOLDMAN
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@ToddACimer yea, I've hauled my stuff that way for years, and still do. I just know it's better to tie to the wheel (unsprung) than the machine itself (sprung).

I almost lost my Rancher once.. Hit a couple bumps hard enough to put a small amount of slack in one of the straps.. when it came back up it snapped the tie down point off the trailer. Luckily I'm into overkill, so it didn't go anywhere, but I can see where it could lead to issues. Tying the machine down with the tires alone is the best route for sure.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ToddACimer yea, I've hauled my stuff that way for years, and still do. I just know it's better to tie to the wheel (unsprung) than the machine itself (sprung).

I almost lost my Rancher once.. Hit a couple bumps hard enough to put a small amount of slack in one of the straps.. when it came back up it snapped the tie down point off the trailer. Luckily I'm into overkill, so it didn't go anywhere, but I can see where it could lead to issues. Tying the machine down with the tires alone is the best route for sure.

That's the difference between a shock strap and a ratchet strap. The shock strap has a poly block inside it so the the strap maintains constant tension and you're not putting excessive preload on the suspension. The machine stays put and the straps maintain tension. I haul a variety of machines in different places so these work great.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's the difference between a shock strap and a ratchet strap. The shock strap has a poly block inside it so the the strap maintains constant tension and you're not putting excessive preload on the suspension. The machine stays put and the straps maintain tension. I haul a variety of machines in different places so these work great.

Haha! shows how much I was paying attention to your last post.. Don't know that I've ever seen "shock straps".. gonna have to look now! :)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!