Talon Fender flare on my 1000R

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
My 1000R is a mud magnet. This thing has 50 pounds of mud on the roof and hood after an hour out in the mud. So I added a set of flares from Spike Power Sports. What a huge difference. The pic is after a day in the mud. Before the flares I couldn’t even see that the doors were red! I have gone to great lengths to tame the mud this thing slings but now it’s not to bad. I could even see all day. Splattering of mud on the windshield not huge globs. Even I never got pelted with mud on the inside. Installation is straight forward and took about an hour and a half. Requires drilling on the existing flares. I did have to trim a small section of the front to get around the installed Honda side skid plates.

73180303 13A2 40F2 8C81 21EF7DDB703B

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
I have no idea why the photo is upside down. And I’m not smart enough to fix it. I was not standing on my head when I took it!

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It is bad on the X, I can only imagine how it is in the R.... I added a set of Mudbusters to mine but haven't tested it yet, our mud is currently under 2 & 1/2 feet of snow. :confused:

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
i had good luck with the Rockbloz ones too. I have on R and with tire offset am at 70" wide. Makes huge difference on rear especially

Reactions: PhilCod
R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
i had good luck with the Rockbloz ones too. I have on R and with tire offset am at 70" wide. Makes huge difference on rear especially

I noticed the front more. Those front tires would cover the hood and doors. The windshield was covered in minutes. Ride, stop clean repeat. It even co reed us until we put the lower doors and back glass in. The back was bad too. It would fill the bed and pack mud under the seat until we got the mud shields to cover those two holes under the seat. It was fun again Saturday without being covered. It was even less when I wouldn’t blast into each mud pit. Tiptoed before just to try and control the mud slinging.

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Oh and don’t forget
I noticed the front more. Those front tires would cover the hood and doors. The windshield was covered in minutes. Ride, stop clean repeat. It even co reed us until we put the lower doors and back glass in. The back was bad too. It would fill the bed and pack mud under the seat until we got the mud shields to cover those two holes under the seat. It was fun again Saturday without being covered. It was even less when I wouldn’t blast into each mud pit. Tiptoed before just to try and control the mud slinging.
the roof! 6 inches thick. Now... just a dusting. Ahhhh

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
It is bad on the X, I can only imagine how it is in the R.... I added a set of Mudbusters to mine but haven't tested it yet, our mud is currently under 2 & 1/2 feet of snow. :confused:

Have you had a chance to try these yet? I’m interested in getting them.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Have you had a chance to try these yet? I’m interested in getting them.
Nope, I installed them in December. It's winter UP here and the T1KX hasn't been out of the barn since late October. We have about 2'-2.5' of snow on the ground so it's snowmobile season. :)

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
How do they attach?

I was thinking about just using some ~6" wide x 1/8" or 3/32" rubber and riveting it on with large flange rivets. Maybe the more rigid plastic is better though.....?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
How do they attach?

I was thinking about just using some ~6" wide x 1/8" or 3/32" rubber and riveting it on with large flange rivets. Maybe the more rigid plastic is better though.....?
@Lil_Steve sent me this video, it answers a lot of questions even if you don't use their product.

LilGreenMachine

LilGreenMachine

Dec 9, 2019
Auburn, WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
In my experience installing the Mudbusters compared to the Rokblokz.

Pro: -Single panels front and rear, some adjustment with the large kit on front overhang width.
-No shiny metal brackets or different colored panels. Rokz have a greyish panel and a black panel (preference, I don't like it)
-Cheaper

Con: -Dress washer hardware looks nicer on Rokz
-Takes more effort to drill your panel with clean lines because the holes are slotted and you can adjust your fender width. Making sure you don't pop through on a crease on a stock fender from underneath or your line is crooked (purely aesthetic but it matters to most)

I think because of the panel differences and unpainted brackets, the Mudbusters look a little more intergrated into the original fenders, but I like the Rokblokz dress washers much better. Either problem easily solved with some paint or buying a few cool dress washers to replace the mudbusters hardware.

I think both kits are pretty good, so choose by looks and wallet. As far as the products performing the job, both do that very well.

Reactions: TerryH and CID
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I did the standard R kit on my now 68" wide X. Love the things. Amazing difference. I personally did not care for the look of the large kit on the front. The standard seems to do fine and looks better in my opinion.

49254713888 18b2e11317 bIMG_0649 (2) by TerryHatfield, on Flickr

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Damn, Terry, that RED front end POPS, need my shades. :cool: 👍

Reactions: TerryH
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
32x10 Roxxzilla's. Even though they are specifically designed for rock crawling, they have worked really well in the trails and mud.
Yeah I looked at them when I bought my P1K5D but I don’t think they make them in 28”.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!