P500 [FINALLY] Joined the p520 club

B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Sierr
After months of talking about them, having never actually owned one myself, I was finally able to locate one the next state over in Pennsylvania. After a 3.5h drive, one way, I am now officially a Pioneer owner.

Build thread to follow.

View attachment 257646 View attachment 257647 View attachment 257648
a
After months of talking about them, having never actually owned one myself, I was finally able to locate one the next state over in Pennsylvania. After a 3.5h drive, one way, I am now officially a Pioneer owner.

Build thread to follow.

View attachment 257646 View attachment 257647 View attachment 257648
welcome from sierra vista, az

B

Bowhunterforever

Feb 21, 2021
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ive been looking at these myself and everyone around me is selling them at list plus delivery and they are not dealing. :(

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Ive been looking at these myself and everyone around me is selling them at list plus delivery and they are not dealing. :(
Yea, not much dealing to be had out there. Mine was $11.2k OTD. I think I got it for $9,3xx base price + delivery + doc fee + taxes + $235 "dealer setup fee" (which I argued was horses***). They didn't budge much. I tried for $11k OTD but that wasn't happening. I bit the bullet over the $200 since they've been impossible to find for me.

B

Bowhunterforever

Feb 21, 2021
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thats about the same price I was quoted. 11.9 for camo, 600 less for other colors and the closest dealer that has any is about 3 hours out

Reactions: Blownzuki
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
In case anyone finds this useful....

I got mine for $9,499 plus $960 freight, set up, etc.. plus WV tax. They gave me 15% off accessories and free installation. KFI plow winch, mounts, Honda hard coat windshield, Honda hard roof, Honda rear panel, Honda A arm guards. I went back after the deal and ordered tires & wheel separately and they gave me the 15% discount; but I could have found the same wheels and tires for the same price other places. I think I was $13.5 out the door (not including wheels and tires) ...including tax and title fees.

I had another dealer about 2 hours away quote me a price on a camo P520. He wanted sticker price plus $1,500 freight and set up costs. Charged full price for same accessories plus over $1,000 for installation. It all came to about $16,000, which $600 of that is due to camo up charge. But that didn't include rear cab panel or A arm guards. I said no thanks.

You are going to be hard pressed to get any dealer come off of MSRP for the unit itself. You should be able to get discounts on accessories, installation and maybe some of the set-up costs.

Also, the salesman told me the dealerships received a message from Honda stating they should expect fewer units (of all models) this summer overall. He wasn't sure why. But I assume you won't be seeing enough inventory on the dealership floors to compel them to offer any bargains.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I'm considering a 6.5' x 12/14' tandem axle utility trailer. I had originally thought about just a smaller 6x10, however, I would prefer a tandem axle for towing/weight capacity benefits, and I don't want to be limited to having just enough room for the p52 only. It would be nice to be able to throw a log splitter or something on there as well. We shall see. I probably won't get a trailer until summer so I've got awhile to plan ahead.
I'm considering a 6.5' x 12/14' tandem axle utility trailer. I had originally thought about just a smaller 6x10, however, I would prefer a tandem axle for towing/weight capacity benefits, and I don't want to be limited to having just enough room for the p52 only. It would be nice to be able to throw a log splitter or something on there as well. We shall see. I probably won't get a trailer until summer so I've got awhile to plan ahead.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
A lot of Guys I know get larger trailers so they can haul the extra things like generators and camping equipment coolers Etc. I like the convenience of being able to park into parking 2 spaces with a 6 by 10 trailer and not stick out. I don't have the need to take other items like many other people do. it's a good idea if you're going to haul more things to get a larger trailer

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a 14 ft aluminum single axle trailer a few years ago. Sometimes I wish I would have bought a double axle trailer for the extra weight capacity. It has the length and weight capacity to haul my ZT mower and my Honda Rancher, which is why I bought it. I'm not sure if I will be able to load and tow my P520 and ZT mower. I'm pushing the limits of my trailer plus the limits of what I can tow with my Taco without having trailer brakes. And I tow 3 hours each way over mountainous roads to get to my property.

One reason I like the single axle trailer is that I can move it around my yard by hand. It's hard, if not impossible, to do that with a double axle trailer.

Reactions: HiFive
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m looking to buy a pioneer 1000 / 5 passenger having difficulty locating one I live in New York willing to travel to another state to find one anybody have any information thanks.

Yea, not much dealing to be had out there. Mine was $11.2k OTD. I think I got it for $9,3xx base price + delivery + doc fee + taxes + $235 "dealer setup fee" (which I argued was horses***). They didn't budge much. I tried for $11k OTD but that wasn't happening. I bit the bullet over the $200 since they've been impossible to find for me.

These things are in short supply everywhere, certainly around here. The local place here is about out of everything, they normally have a showroom and outside lot filled with ATV's and SXS's along with a large remote warehouse filled with them stacked 2-3 high. That warehouse is completely empty now and yesterday when I was there they had 7 ATV's and maybe 9 SXS's in the showroom. February last year their warehouse was filled, the problem is they have been averaging selling 200 units per month but only receiving around 50-70. They aren't really gouging but generally selling at msrp plus freight plus $80 doc.
December I told them I'd take the first 520, which came in a couple weeks ago, without asking the price. When I picked it up I ended up paying $9499 + $80 doc so $9,579. No tax.

Reactions: 500oneer
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!