P500 first 100 miles

P

PaulMod

Jun 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just finished my first hundred miles. I have to agree with everyone on the P500 capabilities. It's awesome in the technical stuff (rocks, mud, tight trails, etc...). Beats you up a bit on the open trails if you try to ride as fast as an ATV would. Shifting is quiet and smooth once you figure out the right RPM'S to hit for each gear. Good tires make a huge difference. Power is way more than i expected. Seat is comfortable enough. Going to really enjoy it hunting this year.

IMG 1371 3

Last edited by a moderator:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@PaulMod Welcome to the Club, and congrats on the new P500! Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Reactions: Jshell3
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club @PaulMod, Nice looking P500 you have there. Everyone keeps talking about there P500, I'm going to have to get some seat time in one and see for my self. Well, if you have any questions just let us know. C-ya around.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club @PaulMod, Nice looking P500 you have there. Everyone keeps talking about there P500, I'm going to have to get some seat time in one and see for my self. Well, if you have any questions just let us know. C-ya around.

Hit me up on next years ride you can try my comfy Beard Seats in a P500, those combined with 4 point restraints I'll just turn @jak9922 loose with you. :p

The look on video will be priceless once airborne :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Welcome to the club! I hope you have as much fun with your P500 as I've had with mine. It is an awesome machine, with unexpected ability. Honda truly found a niche with this one. I have ridden in a P700, and I am impressed by the specs of the P1k, but the P500 is (to me) the best execution of a UTV. I love mine, and can't see being without one ever again. Enjoy!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
@JACKAL airborne has to wait till shock up grade lol she bottoms out hard with only like 2ft of air :p

CBC89

CBC89

Aug 8, 2015
Just finished my first hundred miles. I have to agree with everyone on the P500 capabilities. It's awesome in the technical stuff (rocks, mud, tight trails, etc...). Beats you up a bit on the open trails if you try to ride as fast as an ATV would. Shifting is quiet and smooth once you figure out the right RPM'S to hit for each gear. Good tires make a huge difference. Power is way more than i expected. Seat is comfortable enough. Going to really enjoy it hunting this year.

View attachment 6137
How do you like the reptile radials??? How do they work in all those conditions you described? And what size are you running? Great Looking Rig, working on my first 100 miles right now.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL airborne has to wait till shock up grade lol she bottoms out hard with only like 2ft of air :p

That will be rectified with stage 4 ELKA shocks and 9" of travel, why buy a lift kit when you can do it with better shocks that have a longer stroke with nearly 3" more suspension travel. :)

P

PaulMod

Jun 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How do you like the reptile radials??? How do they work in all those conditions you described? And what size are you running? Great Looking Rig, working on my first 100 miles right now.
Love the reptials. Have 1300 miles on the set on my ATV with 80% tread left. Been over a lot of rocks without a scratch on the sidewalls. Of course proper air pressure matters to. Very good in most all mud conditions. When it came to spending money and trusting tires on the p500, I had to go with them again. Size is 26 × 9 and 26 × 11.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
They definitely look like tough tires.

CBC89

CBC89

Aug 8, 2015
Love the reptials. Have 1300 miles on the set on my ATV with 80% tread left. Been over a lot of rocks without a scratch on the sidewalls. Of course proper air pressure matters to. Very good in most all mud conditions. When it came to spending money and trusting tires on the p500, I had to go with them again. Size is 26 × 9 and 26 × 11.
I almost went with those but went with vampires instead. Kinda wished I would have gone with reptile just for better road tire/trail tire. But price of the vampires I couldn't resist. Looks great glad to hear they are pioneer worthy!

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR

View attachment 6137
Loving mine but short of 100 miles so far, glad this thing is 50" because of restrictions on some areas require that or less to access! Welcome here.

ontime

ontime

Aug 31, 2016
Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
Just did my 100 mile oil change, went good, very little metal in the filter, and none in the used oil pan. Powersports on Boulder hwy. Las Vegas, they wanted, get this $423.00 for the first service. Let me say that i almost fell out of my 500 when told. they said that they have to check the valves. what about my one year warranty, i didn't wait for the service tech to give me an answer, it really pissed me off. Needles to say i will do all that needs to be done to my machine, myself. :}

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just did my 100 mile oil change, went good, very little metal in the filter, and none in the used oil pan. Powersports on Boulder hwy. Las Vegas, they wanted, get this $423.00 for the first service. Let me say that i almost fell out of my 500 when told. they said that they have to check the valves. what about my one year warranty, i didn't wait for the service tech to give me an answer, it really pissed me off. Needles to say i will do all that needs to be done to my machine, myself. :}
That's double what everybody else has paid or been quoted. The oil filter change is somewhat a pain, and more time consuming than it should be, spin on filter!!!!! Anyway, you get in there and find this tiny, I'd shrink the word if I could, filter that's suppose to filter out 4 quarts of oil. Also, there's lots of people with 1-2,000 miles on their machine without a valve adjustment and no troubles. But you certainly can do all maintenance yourself.

Reactions: Jshell3
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

DIY the best way. Except I did my valves at 600 miles mark at my dealer, I think intake valve was something like 0.02 off or so, my dealer only charged 84$, for 1.5 h labor.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!