P1000 First oil change metallic in oil

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did my first oil change today after the dealer did my recall. I noticed quite a bit of metallic in the oil. I'm hoping it's just from the clutches breaking in. Anyone else experience this?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did my first oil change today after the dealer did my recall. I noticed quite a bit of metallic in the oil. I'm hoping it's just from the clutches breaking in. Anyone else experience this?
I didn’t really notice any in mine but I did when I changed the diffs.

Reactions: JenElio
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had the same thing about a year ago. Seems the break in shiny stuff and any left from manufacturing was in there. The next two changes had literally clean oil going to waste. Wonder why I changed it. You will also notice the shift changes get quieter, to the point it's an automatic transmission.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Every new to me vehicle gets an oil change after a hundred or so miles for that very reason. There usually seems to be some metal fillings that end up in the first oil change.

When I took my GMC 2500 Denali in to get one of my "free" oil changes, the tech told me that I wasn't thinking of the environment by changing the oil in a diesel after only 2500 miles. I told him that I was way more worried about my engine than I was about the environmental damage.
End of that conversation!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!