P1000 First post little help

B

Blue1107

Jun 3, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone, I usually just read posts on builds and tips on best mods for my machine. I own a 2017 1000-5 deluxe. Yesterday i installed my winch and dual battery set up. Everything seemed to go as planned and both were working just as I had hoped. After cleaning everything up I went to start my machine and will not crank. After turning the key on I do not hear the fuel pump kick on as it usually does. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I disconnected the dual battery set up thinking it may be a grounding issue causing it. Did not help. When I turn the key on I am getting six long blinks and four short ones from my drivetrain light but do not know what error code that is or if it would be related. Please help! I use my unit to take special needs children for rides and wish I would’ve taken it to dealer for those mods. They were two weeks out so I didn’t want to go without it. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
When you say “cleaning everything up” do you mean by washing it?

Thats a great thing you do for those special needs kids. My brother inlaw was special needs, sadly passed away a few years ago. Things like that just make there day. 👍

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's what I got.

20210722 212552

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If im reading that code correctly that you said it was, according to the manual that @05Willys posted, sounds like your battery might be just low enough to not crank the engine. Maybe you had it on too long during your mod install.
id throw a charger on it just to make sure then try it. Doesn't hurt

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks for getting to this before I could @05Willys.

Says to check the IGN fuse.
It could be a low battery.. But its calling for 5 volts so I don't think it would be that low. Could be a loose battery connection tho.
Did you say you pressure washed it? Did you leave the key in it or remove it? Best to leave it in while washing.
Did you get water in the key slot by chacne?

B

Blue1107

Jun 3, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for getting to this before I could @05Willys.

Says to check the IGN fuse.
It could be a low battery.. But its calling for 5 volts so I don't think it would be that low. Could be a loose battery connection tho.
Did you say you pressure washed it? Did you leave the key in it or remove it? Best to leave it in while washing.
Did you get water in the key slot by chacne?
I just cleaned up the wiring and zip tied things up. I will try charging battery. The part that has me confused is the fuel pump not kicking on when I turn on the key. I checked all fuses under hood and ran power to the fuel pump itself. The fuel pump ran by doing that. I didn’t know if there was some kind of safe mode the machine may have went into to protect itself.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just cleaned up the wiring and zip tied things up. I will try charging battery. The part that has me confused is the fuel pump not kicking on when I turn on the key. I checked all fuses under hood and ran power to the fuel pump itself. The fuel pump ran by doing that. I didn’t know if there was some kind of safe mode the machine may have went into to protect itself.
Ok just to make sure the obvious is crossed out. Are you in park? If not you have to apply the brake....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!