Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

This UTV on demand one is good. You can tell watching a couple of the other videos out there some people don't know how to drive something that shifts. I've been to sand hollow many times in my P1000-5 and in that deep sand you can't entirely depend on sport mode as momentum is everything. For example, you're about to come up on an abrupt little hill and are in 4th gear... You hit it and the shocks g-out and it slows quickly and begins to bury a bit in the sand when finally the transmission knows to shift down. To do this better, you would manually shift down right before g-out and the engine would be reving and powering through the whole thing. When in heavy sand like that you have to know what you're doing and some people that did not grow up riding dirtbikes or performance atvs shifting don't understand that.

I could see in a couple of the other videos where they would g-out or climb a hill and loose a ton of momentum/power as the transmission would shift up not expecting such pull on the engine with deep sand. I personally love driving the DCT in the sand and think this talon with more power will be a blast!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!