BOX1

Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
19 Honda Talon Family action 15 Recovered

Next week starts the first segment of the Talon Demo's out in Utah. All the off-road press will be there along with a handful of the smaller guys including myself. That's right. Honda has invited me to attend the first Talon Ride Event next Thursday. I hope to have some great first-hand experiences, videos, and photos of the event to share.

During this 1 day event, we start off with a technical discussion then split the rest of the day around lunch in the seat of a new 2019 Honda Talon. Im excited to attend but can't help but wonder what restrictions they may impose. Anything under 60 will kinda be a let down for sure. And a 20mph max tour guide will turn this exciting trip into a dud fast.

Some things I'm after:
  • Power improvements.
  • RPM range.
  • The lightness of the unit. Weight to power feel.
  • Will the DCT improvements be noticeable.
  • Shifting speed improvements.
  • Handling at all speeds.
  • Crawling at low speeds.
  • Finding an I-4WD challenge. This is doubtful.
  • Stability differences between the R and X units.
  • Cockpit layout.
What else? (post your request below)

It's great these units are starting to come out of the woodworks. Lets just hope HSC has a game plan for the demand! Be sure to keep an eye out of reviews popping up from media outlets Monday or Tuesday and through the next 2 weeks. If found. Start a new thread in the review section here --> Talon 1000 Reviews

Thanks

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Im excited to attend but can't help but wonder what restrictions they may impose. Anything under 60 will kinda be a let down for sure. And a 20mph max tour guide will turn this exciting trip into a dud fast.

I agree, there may be restrictions, but you might consider bringing along 20K and in turn, they may let you drive it like you stole it, LOL...

Reactions: nbomar
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Id like to know whats the biggest tires you can run without lifting it.....

seriously though..

- Air filter looks easy to access, hows the rest of the maintenance.
- would like to see on the R what the rear lower ball joint looks like after riding. Looks open to be beat on and is a single shear point.
- How the visibility when driving
- clutch engagement at low speed
- stability

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All the off-road press will be there along with a handful of the smaller guys including myself. That's right. Honda has invited me to attend the first Talon Ride Event next Thursday.

That is awesome news! You just got called up to the major leagues. That has to feel like the best Christmas present ever. I can't wait to hear your first hand experience actually driving one.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 111048

Next week starts the first segment of the Talon Demo's out in Utah. All the off-road press will be there along with a handful of the smaller guys including myself. That's right. Honda has invited me to attend the first Talon Ride Event next Thursday. I hope to have some great first-hand experiences, videos, and photos of the event to share.

During this 1 day event, we start off with a technical discussion then split the rest of the day around lunch in the seat of a new 2019 Honda Talon. Im excited to attend but can't help but wonder what restrictions they may impose. Anything under 60 will kinda be a let down for sure. And a 20mph max tour guide will turn this exciting trip into a dud fast.

Some things I'm after:
  • Power improvements.
  • RPM range.
  • The lightness of the unit. Weight to power feel.
  • Will the DCT improvements be noticeable.
  • Shifting speed improvements.
  • Handling at all speeds.
  • Crawling at low speeds.
  • Finding an I-4WD challenge. This is doubtful.
  • Stability differences between the R and X units.
  • Cockpit layout.
What else? (post your request below)

It's great these units are starting to come out of the woodworks. Lets just hope HSC has a game plan for the demand! Be sure to keep an eye out of reviews popping up from media outlets Monday or Tuesday and through the next 2 weeks. If found. Start a new thread in the review section here --> Talon 1000 Reviews

Thanks
Congrats Richard, looking forward to hearing about it

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I bet the aftermarket community has a uhmw skidplate for that trailing arm and balljoint in no time flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yep. Honda has some but they are HMWPE

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want to know if we can run Rotella oil in the Talon!!

Seriously though, Will they let you put something in the bed at least for a picture? Maybe somebody will have a large cooler and see what it looks like tied down and it would be nice to go for a ride and see how it feels with some extra weight in the back.

See how much clearance there is between the brake components and the inside of the wheel. A lot of us are hoping we can use 14 inch wheels.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!