O

OffRoadCanuck

Lifetime Member
Mar 29, 2020
Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
G'day lads

I have searched the forums and aftermarket suppliers and cannot seem to find what I need for my '16 P1K5. I was hoping to find a flip up, glass windshield able to accept a wiper kit. Does the only glass windshield honda offer flip up or does it stay in place? My buddy has a nice multi-position glass windshield with wiper for his Can-Am defender. Locks closed, open 4" to vent or flips all the way up. Very nice setup. If anyone has any info on something like this I'd love to heae about it!
Thanks! Mark

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have the Super ATV flip-up on my Talon but it's tempered plastic. I have no doubt it will be very susceptible to scratching, to the point I'll make it a point to carry a plastic cleaning liquid with me at all times. I'd never consider using a windshield wiper on a plastic window - guaranteed scratching IMO.

O

OffRoadCanuck

Lifetime Member
Mar 29, 2020
Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Super ATV flip-up on my Talon but it's tempered plastic. I have no doubt it will be very susceptible to scratching, to the point I'll make it a point to carry a plastic cleaning liquid with me at all times. I'd never consider using a windshield wiper on a plastic window - guaranteed scratching IMO.

I would have to agree with you on the scratching issue there. Other than that I have not heard anything bad about the super atv windshields, a ton of guys around here love them. Just think I want to go a different route. I just ordered 801UTV's venting glass windshield. Hopefully it shows up sometime next week and I can get it installed. Will post some pictures and reviews after. Up next, finding a wiper kit that will work out, or build my own!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ve had both Honda “tilt” they don’t make a “flip” and SATV flip that I currently have. On the Honda, I put some manual wipers on it. There is a wipers I believe the brand is DPM? That is for the hard coat and that’s what I had and never scratched, not to say it won’t tho. @CumminsPusher had the same set up. I then went to the SATV flip to get more air in the cab on hot ass days. I have yet to put the wipers on that cuz when u flip the windshield up the roof would interfere and might brake Them off. That said, I now use a rainX solution on the windshield now and that has help to solve my rain and snow issues. As for a flip Hard standard windshield, I think there is only one that I know of out there and it’s pricy. Most of them have small vents at the bottom like the Tusk. Most all have a wiper option.

and welcome to the forum from the motor city!

O

OffRoadCanuck

Lifetime Member
Mar 29, 2020
Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve had both Honda “tilt” they don’t make a “flip” and SATV flip that I currently have. On the Honda, I put some manual wipers on it. There is a wipers I believe the brand is DPM? That is for the hard coat and that’s what I had and never scratched, not to say it won’t tho. @CumminsPusher had the same set up. I then went to the SATV flip to get more air in the cab on hot ass days. I have yet to put the wipers on that cuz when u flip the windshield up the roof would interfere and might brake Them off. That said, I now use a rainX solution on the windshield now and that has help to solve my rain and snow issues. As for a flip Hard standard windshield, I think there is only one that I know of out there and it’s pricy. Most of them have small vents at the bottom like the Tusk. Most all have a wiper option.

and welcome to the forum from the motor city!

Thank you for the input! And the warm welcome!

What is / who makes the only flip hard standard windshield you know of? I could not find anything glass that flips up, other than can-ams but that only fits the defender. Im hoping this 801utv unit solves my problems, but time will tell. Really looking forward to some mods on this rig!

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you for the input! And the warm welcome!

What is / who makes the only flip hard standard windshield you know of? I could not find anything glass that flips up, other than can-ams but that only fits the defender. Im hoping this 801utv unit solves my problems, but time will tell. Really looking forward to some mods on this rig!
It’s a company that makes full hard sides for the pioneer. Not sure if u have to have the sides to make it work or not? I’ve only known a few on here that has bought the whole kit cuz it’s like 5-7k the windshield is like 7-800$ I believe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!