BOX1

P1000 FLOODED

M

mario526

May 1, 2017
Spring, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Over the weekend went riding went threw a big hole stalled out. took it home took the spark plugs out so that I could shoot the water out, but when I went to turn it over all it would do is click and not turn over. I checked the oil it looked fine. I thinking for some reason the motor is locked up. Now im looking for the crank nut so thati can try to turn it over by hand to see if i can free it up. please help a brother out thanks.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Over the weekend went riding went threw a big hole stalled out. took it home took the spark plugs out so that I could shoot the water out, but when I went to turn it over all it would do is click and not turn over. I checked the oil it looked fine. I thinking for some reason the motor is locked up. Now im looking for the crank nut so thati can try to turn it over by hand to see if i can free it up. please help a brother out thanks.
Check your air cleaner see if water got on it. You might of bent a rod.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably could pull the starter and use a flat head screwdriver between the flywheel ring gear against the case slowly roll it over. Then at least with the starter out you could bench test it also.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CID and mario526
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think he said he already had tried that and it would just click

ok I see that now don't sound good might need a new top end I think someone has had to replace his top end after going in some deep water. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

M

mario526

May 1, 2017
Spring, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably could pull the starter and use a flat head screwdriver between the flywheel ring gear against the case slowly roll it over. Then at least with the starter out you could bench test it also.

Im going to try it out thanks

M

mario526

May 1, 2017
Spring, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think he said he already had tried that and it would just click

Ya that was the first thing i did. drained the oil the drain plug closest to the front was filled with water but the plug towards the back was clean

M

mario526

May 1, 2017
Spring, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok I see that now don't sound good might need a new top end I think someone has had to replace his top end after going in some deep water. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
ya i know tell me about it i just rebuilt the topend in my viking vi cause it over heated wasn't too bad when you can do it yourself only cause 250 for that job. but this one might be a bit more... the thing that gets me though is that why won't the motor turn over its like if its in protect mode, or i just might have bent something. i dont know. thanks for the help everyone... looks like im going to have to do some surgery for the next couple of days....

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Hate to be the one to tell you but my guess is you bent a connecting rod.
drop the skid plate and take cover off the bottom of the motor and look in with a light
your top end will be fine mine had the bent valve only because it was set full water and the valve stuck open

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

mario526

May 1, 2017
Spring, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
man well that sounds like a fun job im about to get myself into. thanks for the info im going to check it out today when i get off work..

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good luck.

Reactions: Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
ya i know tell me about it i just rebuilt the topend in my viking vi cause it over heated wasn't too bad when you can do it yourself only cause 250 for that job. but this one might be a bit more... the thing that gets me though is that why won't the motor turn over its like if its in protect mode, or i just might have bent something. i dont know. thanks for the help everyone... looks like im going to have to do some surgery for the next couple of days....
I hate that this happened I'm very sorry to hear. This is a very very expensive job unfortunately I'm not going to sugarcoat it and you'll be waiting for some overseas parts for a bit. Some internal parts are just not available.
Wish you luck and please keep updating if you would. Get that bad boy snorkeled!!

Reactions: Eltobgi