Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If you're reading this post then you're probably looking for a solution to the cab noise and heat issue that all sxs's suffer from. Most just accept it as part of the riding experience and a certain amount is to be expected. Then you take the wife or kids along with you and they are far less tolerant, to the point they don't want to ride. A lot of us faced with this situation have resorted to DIY stuff in the garage to combat it. Tapes, foils, carpet... none of them being a solid fix.
Faced with the same problem, my first one was made with foil backed carpet. It worked but got wet and muddy and had to be taken out all the time. Then I had the idea to make one out of some roofing rubber I had laying in the garage and it worked much better. Could get wet and muddy and never had to be taken out. The stuff is made to be in the elements for decades without degrading. I shared what I had done on this forum to let others know how well it worked and they may want to make one themselves.
After riding a couple yrs this way, another forum member said that the material was expensive and hard to come by. Wanted to know if he paid me if I'd make one for him? Ended up selling hundreds of them for that machine but kept getting requests for other machines. Finally reached out to other members and used their machines to get more patterns. I now have them for all the Honda's (excluding the Talon 4 seater), also have them for other makes and models too.
Quick Shields are hand cut from American made sheet rubber (Ohio) and not the cheap stuff. They are made from patterns that were hand made inside the specific machine they were designed for so they cover as much area as possible, fit and hang right. Rubber fits tight around seatbelt latches and covers holes under and behind the seats. It won't interfere with any factory items, can be cut for aftermarket accessories and wiring that may have been added, and allows access for maintenance. Install and removal is easy leaving the machine unaltered, no sticky crap left behind. It's black and once installed it basically disappears, you'll forget it's there.
There's dozens of reviews in another thread, it works. Is it going to block all the heat and noise, no, but take it out on a hot summer day and you'll know it's not in there.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will gladly be the first to rave about this product.
It was installed mid summer on our 700-4 and the difference was night and day literally in heat and noise reduction.
The wife and daughter noticed it as soon as they started to do chores with the machine and were thrilled.
I took it off to do some work and didn't put it back on right away and was told it needed to be reinstalled right away by the wife.
Buy one it makes the heat and noise so much more bearable.
Great workmanship on an awesome product.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I will gladly be the first to rave about this product.
It was installed mid summer on our 700-4 and the difference was night and day literally in heat and noise reduction.
The wife and daughter noticed it as soon as they started to do chores with the machine and were thrilled.
I took it off to do some work and didn't put it back on right away and was told it needed to be reinstalled right away by the wife.
Buy one it makes the heat and noise so much more bearable.
Great workmanship on an awesome product.

I remember asking that you keep it under wraps for awhile. You did a good job, lol, I didn't even hear from you other than it helped. I knew the 700 would benefit from it once I saw what was there. Glad to hear it's making the ride more enjoyable for you guys.
Thanks for everything Glock! :cool:

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will work on the MIA part of life.
Sometimes work gets to be bit overtaking on everything else in life.
You are very welcome but it is I that should be thanking you.
Your product really shines in the summer heat and on long rides.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well done Brian! glad u asked to use my machine for a few templates. had a great time and enjoyed your company and good rock and roll as always.

This is a great product folks. Ive known Brian a long time. Youll get a good quality and fantastic service. Trust me on this!! ;)

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well done Brian! glad u asked to use my machine for a few templates. had a great time and enjoyed your company and good rock and roll as always.

This is a great product folks. Ive known Brian a long time. Youll get a good quality and fantastic service. Trust me on this!! ;)
Agreed he a hell of a good guy

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks Mark! It was good to get together and shoot the sh**, been too long man. I've made 6 or 8 of the Talon shift lever shields now, just to chuck them and try to dial it in better. Those smaller ones are always a tedious pita. Using that stock cover you let me borrow, I don't know if it'll work with the aftermarket one you have or not? Once I'm happy with it I plan to send one to @Squeegee for fit, function and feedback.
That rear seating area of the P1 proved to be a challenge, the way I was trying to do it anyway. I kept what I started and have been pondering on it since. With a couple of refinements I think I can get it to lay right.
Yeah we were rocking out in the garage. Good tunes, heat and room to move always makes it better to work on this stuff in the winter. Hanging with the pooches helped to keep my sanity, hard to be frustrated when you have a furry friend smiling and wagging his tail at you. :cool:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I 100 percent agree, great guy.

Thanks Glock! Appreciate the ride in the 700, first time I've ridden in one. I'd be a fat ass with that particular pizza place within riding distance. That's another thing I can say about travelling around and meeting more members, they're always friendly and feed me well. Often come away with little gifts too. Remi gave me a couple MI license plates for the garage that I was missing. Glock gave me a Vette emblem that I hung in my enclosed trailer, that thing's BA!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought one, just arrive today :) Do you have a video for installation ? (P500) My brother also bought one for is P1000-5,

Thank you in advance
Pull the seat bottom and lay it out. Not really a video worthy event. The cuts/holes line up in obvious spots like the seatbelts and the seat latch.

Just one guy’s opinion though

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Bought one, just arrive today :) Do you have a video for installation ? (P500) My brother also bought one for is P1000-5,

Thank you in advance

Like the guys pointed out, pull the seats and it'll be obvious. Just keep the shield stamp facing upright and forward. These go on top of the plastics so no need to take things all apart.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Here's a pic of a P500.

Rubber

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!