BOX1

P1000 For Those of You Who Have a Tablet Mount on Switchplate.....

N

Nvrgiveup

I'm putting a RamMount 1" ball base on the switchplate, with the metal backing plate on the opposite side of the switchplate. Initially, I drilled holes in the plastic on the ride side of the switches and planned to have it stacked and secured in this order: mount, switchplate, plastic, and finally the backing plate. HOWEVER, it is gonna be a royal PITB to get my hand up in there to manipulate the nuts on the back side of it.
If anyone else has used this setup, are the rivets (currently using) or rivet nuts (may use these later) enough to hold the 8" tablet and mount?
I know the plastic would be an awesome reinforcement, but it doesn't appear to be practical.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a ram mount on a PBR switch plate that holds my 8" tablet, but I just used self tapping screws through the metal PBR plate. Initial test a couple weekends ago showed no issues over 100 miles.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted mine up high, out of the way, and screen doesn't get "washed out" in direct sunlight.

20210909 195126

When I got rid of my "You're all gonna die" warning placard, I used rivet nuts to mount the new plate:

20211217 210936

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mine is similar to @bumperm set up Attached to the ROPS heres some links

RAM Mounts RAM-B-108BU Strap Hose Clamp Ball Base with B Size 1" Ball for Rails 1" to 2.1" in Diameter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030HO6SM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

RAM Mounts RAP-B-201U-A Composite Double Socket Arm - Short Arm Compatible with B Size 1" Ball Components https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KWPJ04/?tag=sxsweb24-20
I've got those too with a ARKON tablet bracket. I bought my set up, everything, tablet and LTTM membership from @JACKAL when he was working with RRB. I like it!

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got those too with a ARKON tablet bracket. I bought my set up, everything, tablet and LTTM membership from @JACKAL when he was working with RRB. I like it!

Got mine online. If you look at the right side vertically center hole, you'll see a little threaded stud I made pointed by turning it in a drill against a grinding wheel. This allows you to lay the panel in place and tap the outside to get a pin prick to center the hole for drilling in the panel (do two opposing corners first etc). The access hole, to make sure I wasn't drilling into anything important, was enlarged later. Proved handy for access for routing wiring as well. Had I known, this would have been moved up on the project list:

20210826 203158

N

Nvrgiveup

Mine is similar to @bumperm set up Attached to the ROPS heres some links

RAM Mounts RAM-B-108BU Strap Hose Clamp Ball Base with B Size 1" Ball for Rails 1" to 2.1" in Diameter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030HO6SM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

RAM Mounts RAP-B-201U-A Composite Double Socket Arm - Short Arm Compatible with B Size 1" Ball Components https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KWPJ04/?tag=sxsweb24-20
I mounted mine up high, out of the way, and screen doesn't get "washed out" in direct sunlight.

View attachment 340313

When I got rid of my "You're all gonna die" warning placard, I used rivet nuts to mount the new plate:

View attachment 340314
Thanks for the input, fellers. I went with the Ram Mount hose clamp and it’s mounted on the right side. That way Rent-a-Wife can at least see the map. That way she’s a bit more informed when she tells me where to go all the dang time! 😂
Note: please excuse the dirty underside of the roof. It’s been too hot to mess with cleaning it.

054CCBF1 BCA1 42AF 810A 87512A9C15F4

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended up doing the same thing. I put it in the right side and my wife can navigate. Now she can be informed when she tells me where to go and what to do.

You are risking it all, brother!!!

Men read maps better than women. Don't blame me if you end up in Lower Slobolia!

"For almost 40 years, research has shown that males are better than females at spatial cognition. Higher performance on spatial cognition assessments, such as the mental rotations test (MRT), is associated with better spatial navigation, increased intelligence, and improved motor skills."

• Haha
Reactions: Nvrgiveup
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!