P1000m5 Found a '21 1000-5 LE in "covid era"!

boostedoxide

boostedoxide

Oct 16, 2021
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello! Just signed up today while awaiting the delivery of my '21 Pioneer 1000-5 LE. I will keep a build thread going as budget permits, but wanted to keep a forum record from day 0. I think readers on here will find my content quite interesting as I share updates and details.. long story short.. I'm a disabled vet who just sold a big property in North GA during the peak of the covid madness, that provided means to begin an entirely new chapter in life revolving around travel, mobile living and automotive shenanigans. More specifically, hitting every off road trail and forest road from New York to California. I've been told I should write a book, so I'll sharpen my writing skills with some blog-style forum posts.

The story behind this particular 1000-5LE is crazy on its own.. From GA, I literally called every single lvl.5 Honda Powersports dealer in the country trying to track down a 1000-5LE. I finally got confirmation from a dealer in Los Angeles that they actually had one single unit coming in this year and my deposit would reserve it! So from middle August until now, it's been a saga of everything from wire transfers, tracking down transport drivers, pre/post shipment inspections and the stress level of a $25k purchase sight unseen! And it all comes down to the next few hours until the delivery driver arrives. Excited is an understatement!

I've attached a few pics of the unit as it arrived in the warehouse and went through the pre-shipment inspect. You better believe I'll have my camera out as this thing rolls in the driveway. Stay tuned, build thread coming up next!
JM9yiBQFtoQZLWPQesAaqpHo9xvyljM9bQ2aTzdB3 o tiaUUbKayKUz4gUHj8dZPLyjvGR4U6Iirlza6w zto8jgJo4yq
36819b30 75ff 4498 b3aa 4f57df733be4 1

7e8bad81 91fd 47cd 9562 da45ff9729ac 1 1

Resized95Resized952021101595100536

Last edited:
boostedoxide

boostedoxide

Oct 16, 2021
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
She's here! Arrived last night with a full tank of gas and a million splattered bugs all over the front end. The rest of my day will be happily spent with a soapy wash mit in one hand and an IPA in the other. Was a very cool experience talking with the transport driver too, turns out we are close in age and have similar backgrounds in car interests and lifestyle. I believe he said the HMMWV was going to Hennessy Performance. The same guys that do all those high dollar builds and make the 6x6 VelociRaptor. No telling what they will do with a humvee..
Also.. a little sneak peak of my road boat, the '73 Eldorado hanging out in the background ;)

The first question I have to ask... What is the break-in period like, if anyone would be kind enough to share? I'm sure there's a procedure in the owners manual - I have not had a chance to read through it yet. Anything to specifically avoid during the first hours/miles of use? Running at wide open throttle is obviously out, but I am wondering if there's anything else involving the transmission or gear selection during break-in?

Thank you and nice to meet you all!

20211016 183800

20211016 185828

20211016 185906

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Welcome from Illinois. Covid has not peaked yet it's just got started unfortunately . Nice pioneer.

boostedoxide

boostedoxide

Oct 16, 2021
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update:

The first 50mi have been a blast! I took a little day trip down a forest road yesterday to get a feel for things and man oh man, what a wise investment! A few little quirks jumped out at me; the throttle is very finicky at low speeds. Somewhat jumpy. I've found that manual shifting a gear higher helps keep the jumpiness down. The steering wheel was cocked off to the left side. A quick YouTube video told me I am not alone! Half the comments said "same here, mine too, same thing". South Carolina plant take note.. lol. The i-4wd system is pretty sensitive. I held a minor brake boost from a gravel road to see how the low end power would be, and if the rear diff locked in turf mode. Apparently that freaked out the computer and a (! i-4wd) light came on. Turns out... doing the same thing again in 2wd lock mode kinda reset the slip sensor, or whatever it uses, and turned the light off. Power delivery is great, brake boosted from a stop and spun for a good 15-20ft. Yes, the diff is a limited slip in turf mode. Super, super nice being able to switch between full locked rear and still have a open limited slip diff when you want to cut a quick donut or slide out of a corner. It's a crowd pleaser! Every person I talked to today went nuts over the option to carry two more passengers or fold flat and have huge cargo room. One guy I talked to was in disbelief about it being a LE right now. Exhaust is very restricted. Can't wait to run a full system with better muffler. .... I will have to exercise some serious CCC in the coming weeks. (credit card control) lol.

boostedoxide

boostedoxide

Oct 16, 2021
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Homer.
Its tween Athens and gainesville.
If you ever head north of Gainesville into the mountains let me know, there's some great places to ride. A couple OHV trails in my area too. Helen, Hiawassee, Cleveland, Blairsville, Blue Ridge, Dahlonega.. all great.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
Homer

Homer

Bad Decision Coordinator
Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed. We have jeeped those areas and a few trails.
Love the mountains.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Welcome from RB3offroad.com we are in Tempe, AZ ! you will love your PK1000.
Sorry for my new member ignorance, but what is PK1000? I mean, maybe P1K, P1K3 or P1K5, but not sure what PK1000 refers to.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!