Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Four years ago today I had my stroke which to say the least was life altering. The doctors gave me a 2 % survival chance. Fortunately after 46 days in the hospital and rehab I have done away with the shower chair and walker and feed the animals,mow the yard,take out the trash,load the dishwasher,wash clothes,make the bed,and of course ride the P1K,etc. To some of you it may seem trivial but after it happened I could not even sit up in the bed without falling over. They said the brain has to relearn things and will relearn up to 18 months after the event.I thank the Lord and my wife and family for sticking with me through those hard times. Without them I would never have made it. It was a cerebellum stroke and of course being self employed I never went to a doctor. At the time of my stroke my A1C was 8.7 and my blood pressure was 200/110. I never was sick and never felt dizzy or light headed nor had any stroke symptoms.

Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great to hear you are making progress ! Strokes are no joke.
You know in the last 4 years I have come to realize that strokes are usually worse than heart attacks. With the development of medicine and stints in the last 25 years it seems that heart attack victims fare better than stroke victims.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Glad your doing well!
My father had one 6 years ago from A fib. Stroke is no joke. Very scary.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Damn @Mopower58 , that sucks but you made it and you say been there done that. I think I can speak for all of us we are glad you made it and we hope to hell it doesn't happen to any of use but listening to liberals ups the risk factor.

Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad to hear your progress. Keep a check on the Blood Pressure, do you have a home unit?
Yes I am on blood pressure,blood sugar and cholesterol medicine. I have a blood pressure machine and blood sugar tester. My last doctors visit, I have to give blood and get recertified or whatever it is for the meds my A1C was down to 6.3 and blood pressure around 131/84 I think. They said that was in the safe range. I also take a baby aspirin a day. 3 pills in the morning and 4 at night. I only drink water and an occasional lemonade, use to live on coke and sweet tea which probably accounted for the high blood sugar. I loved Coors Light also but just don't have the taste for any of it anymore which is probably good. Thank you for all the positive words. I am grateful to still be here.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I take high blood pressure medicine. Stabbing pains in my heart made me make some lifestyle changes. I’ll be keeping ye in me prayers...

J

JTW

I take high blood pressure medicine. Stabbing pains in my heart made me make some lifestyle changes. I’ll be keeping ye in me prayers...
What was the cause of the stabbing pains? I rarely but on occasion feel something I would describe the same

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada
Four years ago today I had my stroke which to say the least was life altering. The doctors gave me a 2 % survival chance. Fortunately after 46 days in the hospital and rehab I have done away with the shower chair and walker and feed the animals,mow the yard,take out the trash,load the dishwasher,wash clothes,make the bed,and of course ride the P1K,etc. To some of you it may seem trivial but after it happened I could not even sit up in the bed without falling over. They said the brain has to relearn things and will relearn up to 18 months after the event.I thank the Lord and my wife and family for sticking with me through those hard times. Without them I would never have made it. It was a cerebellum stroke and of course being self employed I never went to a doctor. At the time of my stroke my A1C was 8.7 and my blood pressure was 200/110. I never was sick and never felt dizzy or light headed nor had any stroke symptoms.

Hope you enjoy a long and happy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!