P1000 fox shocks is it worth the money

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats where the Elka Stage 5 are different you can adjust both high and low speed shaft travel, vie of two different compression knobs and have a third adjustment for rebound.

If I do shocks these are the ones I'll save my nickles and dimes for.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Like Smitty said, two knobs are better then one :)

I haven't install my rear shocks yet :( but I am happy with my fronts I do not know if they are worth the money but I shore do like the way the front ones perform, I know this is wrong but I adjusted my high and low speed as soft as I could and cranked up the high speed nob to control the bottoming out resistance.

My butt meter is telling me there is a difference, I think they suck up more bumps with out bottoming out as much as the Fox's, who knows maybe my views is jaded because I drank the cool-aide.
What kind of trails you ride/terrain you ride in? I you ride in the rock/logs and you have your high speed shaft travel set soft, you might try setting your rebound faster, to get shock extended back out for the next impact?????

Reactions: GPR1500SC
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
What kind of trails you ride/terrain you ride in? I you ride in the rock/logs and you have your high speed shaft travel set soft, you might try setting your rebound faster, to get shock extended back out for the next impact?????

Corn stubble, chiseled field, and such like I really have not took the time to tune on this thing we just use it enjoy it and abuse it that why I own a Honda

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Corn stubble, chiseled field, and such like I really have not took the time to tune on this thing we just use it enjoy it and abuse it that why I own a Honda
Heres rule of thumb for rebound setting, if you ride sand whoops you will want a slower rebound setting, to keep the bucking sensation down,if you ride rocks, need to speed it up.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Heres rule of thumb for rebound setting, if you ride sand whoops you will want a slower rebound setting, to keep the bucking sensation down,if you ride rocks, need to speed it up.

Thanks for the help I will play with the rebound when I find the time.

Reactions: Smitty335
M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
finally got time to play with my rear shocks. Put 5 turns on the preload and I'm very happy with it.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
finally got time to play with my rear shocks. Put 5 turns on the preload and I'm very happy with it.
Which compression setting are you running and do you have any trouble with rear tire chatter in soft soil? I found with more preload I couldn't eliminate wheel hop. I also have only 250 miles of trail riding with no cargo and no passenger but that's my normal payload.

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
middle setting have not experience any wheel hop.no extra weight just two people most the time

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So you fellas with fox or Elka shocks. Can you put 500 lbs of crap in the back and be able to adjust it to ride level?

I've been sitting on a bucket pondering an air bag system for when I haul something heavy. Just like my truck has..... @JTW @moparornocar

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Bking

Bking

Oct 26, 2017
Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thanking about upgrading my deluxe p1000 5. to the fox shocks that comes on the le model. Question is it worth the extra money
Its worth every penny they cost ...
Unless you have le model ... totally different ride .. i put fronts on and in middle of the first ride with them the first time i had service i ordered rears, but i ordered walker evans for rear. Best investment by far ....

P

Ptafoya

Apr 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will sell you my set of Foxy's for a $1000.00 plus shipping they have about 250 miles on them plus or minus some I put them on for my Colorado trip.
I will be up grading to Elka 5 if these sell, if not I will keep them.
Have you sold these yet?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!