P1000m5 Front axle outer boot: where to acquire?

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bound the outer boot on my passenger side front axle and looking to replace before it starts leaking. I ordered from Partzilla but apparently the kit came with everything but the actual boot. Anyone have a part # so I can order? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

44240-HL4-A01 Retails for $84.76

Honda only sells the outer boot in a kit with the inner boot, all 4 bands, grease and the 2 rings for the inner cup because you have to remove the inner boot to get the outer boot off.

You'll also need the special tool to install the new clamps or something similar that works. The only way to get the tool Honda uses is through a dealer.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
44240-HL4-A01 Retails for $84.76

Honda only sells the outer boot in a kit with the inner boot, all 4 bands, grease and the 2 rings for the inner cup because you have to remove the inner boot to get the outer boot off.

You'll also need the special tool to install the new clamps or something similar that works. The only way to get the tool Honda uses is through a dealer.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like they have a cheapo banding tool available as well. Please let us know how it all works out. Thanks.
I have been using this for a few months now as a mechanic at a dealership. I have used it maybe over a dozen times and it's working so far.

https://amazon.com/Alpha-Rider-Pliers-Extension-Universal/dp/B09P11K5TK?tag=sxsweb24-20

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!