P500 Front axle popped out

C

cethomas

Nov 23, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Went for a trail ride today with the P-5. Toward the end of the day going up a muddy trail, noticed we had no front drive. After we pulled it up the hill, found that the right front shaft had pulled out of the diff. Is this a common issue with the P5?

thanks

• Wow
Reactions: Isaiah and 500oneer
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
While it does happen. Its not common.
Clean it up. Change the oil... and carry on.

Make sure the c-ring is on the end of the shaft

C

cethomas

Nov 23, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
C- ring was flattened to the point of not holding it in, and the inter joint has issues. Shaft replacement time.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
C- ring was flattened to the point of not holding it in, and the inter joint has issues. Shaft replacement time.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get parts in and get it fixed up quickly now.

Reactions: Mudder
D

Duckhunt

I'm late to the party but when I put in my 2nd gen locker I must have squeezed my LF axle c clip too much and it popped out several times. Spread the clip a bit no issues since.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Stock except for shocks. Heading out to power wash it and dig into the front.
Shocks......? What's the travel at full drop? If the new shocks allow more travel it could pull on the axles when the shocks are extended.

Reactions: Mudwing
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Right front axle??Any more down travel than the stock shocks offer will bind that short right front axle.My Walker Evans gave just slightly longer travel and I encountered this.I moved my lower shockmounts outward 1/2" and it cured the problem.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!