P1000 Front driveshaft vibrations

C

Chmathu89

May 13, 2019
St. Anne, Il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My machine is a 2018 with 700 very easy miles, mostly on road. Lately I've been noticing a slight vibration at speeds above 35 mph coming from under the floorboard. It is not a violent shake but noticeable. Last weekend I had the skid plates off to do a thorough cleaning before parking it for the season and when I grabbed the driveshaft near the transmission I gave it a good shake and there was more play in the joint than I would like. Is this a common thing or something I should worry about? TIA

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Normally there isn’t much play. Compare both axles and if one is significantly more play up/down then it could be the axle or possibly outer bearing. Also while jacked up check and make sure it’s not suspension components, and possibly rotate front to back on tires, see it that changes anything

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!