BOX1

P700 Seal repair update

B

Bionicknee

Sep 12, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
UPDATE: Job complete. Son in law used tractor to lift it up. Skid pans removed 3 bolts removed from front gear box. Here where we ran into a small problem. Gravity helped make sliding the gear box back problematic bur once we found the sweet spot if went back at a slight angle enough to slide the propeller shaft of of the engine output shaft. removed o ring from output shaft and pried seal out with skinny tool. After inspection and good clean up new seal installed, o.ring installed, drive shaft back in place, bolts secured. All done, added oil, rode until well heated, parked, hours later no leak....
BIONICKNEE

2015 p700 new to me. Anyone give instructions on easiest way to change front propeller shaft engine oil seal? Go at it from underneath or top, etc.
Thanks
Bionicknee

Anybody, any how to tips on doing this seal replacement??

Thanks again

Bionicknee

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2015 p700 new to me. Anyone give instructions on easiest way to change front propeller shaft engine oil seal? Go at it from underneath or top, etc.
Thanks
Bionicknee
If no one else answers, I’ll check my shop manual this evening, I’d think if you pull the skid and do it from the bottom it would be easier.

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!