BOX1

P1000 Front receiver issue

O

Oldmanhonda

Jun 12, 2020
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I plowed some heavy snow with a healthy layer of ice on it and you can see what happened in the pictures. Didn't do anything to the blade or push tubes. Sent email to motoalliance and they said they have never seen this. Sent an email to kfi and they sent me a one line reply saying a front receiver should never be used to plow snow. Now that the brutal cold winter is taking a break I will take this off, straighten it and beef it up and see what happens. I bought this setup because I am old and this is quick and easy to hook up. Hopefully this will help you make a decision on your future setup.

20210224 114422 20210220 131903

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would agree with KFI. That's an awful lot of load to drive into the flimsy front bumper. The Warn plow setup is 3 pins and installs in less than a minute. The plow mount from Warn also works very well as a front skid plate under the bumper

c_carrierlj

c_carrierlj

Feb 21, 2021
Ellsworth, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I plowed some heavy snow with a healthy layer of ice on it and you can see what happened in the pictures. Didn't do anything to the blade or push tubes. Sent email to motoalliance and they said they have never seen this. Sent an email to kfi and they sent me a one line reply saying a front receiver should never be used to plow snow. Now that the brutal cold winter is taking a break I will take this off, straighten it and beef it up and see what happens. I bought this setup because I am old and this is quick and easy to hook up. Hopefully this will help you make a decision on your future setup.

View attachment 257319 View attachment 257320
Yeah unfortunately thats just way too

View attachment 257319 View attachment 257320
Yeah unfortunately thats just way too much weight hanging out there for that brush guard to handle. You are gonna want to put that winch in its rightful place behind the brush guard. As far as a plow system goes.....there are multiple companies that make a quick connect/disconnect plow systems. The mounts are mounted underneath where all the strength is, but yet close enough to the front where you wouldnt have to crawl underneath it to connect/disconnect. You wont have to do much digging to find them! Good luck!

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For fvcks sake! Your lucky that didnt snap, and shove the male end right through your honeycomb grill and into your radiator! That front end isnt a truck lol. Id say to stick with the the original design and pay a kid a few bucks and a beer to help you hook it up and take it off! Well maybe not a beer and definitely not a Coke but u get the idea.

N

Neverest

Dec 13, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't believe that anyone ever thought that system would work.

If you're spry enough to take things apart and straighten bent metal, you can handle connecting a real plow system.

Reactions: Remington
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!