P700 Front Shocks

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I had t do something about the front shocks. There is no way I can afford Fox, Elka, ect. I bought a pair of Bronco gas shocks for the front. Reviews are not the best but had to do something. Had it out today and I can say it is a major improvement over the stock front shocks. They say 10% stiffer springs. I gained about an inch in the front making it pretty close to level now. I have the stock rears turned up to the 4th notch. I will see how it goes. Durability will be the thing I am worried about. Doling out $1500 to $2000 all at once, which I would have to do for the other brands due to the style of the shocks, is just not an option. I am pretty mellow on the machine so am hoping they will last a little while plus it does give me the ability to adjust the fronts too. I just have to hope for the best and see what happens. I will post once I get to really test them out a bit. Rain Rain everywhere. It just won't quit. Once it does it should make some interesting riding with all he washed out spots on the trails around here. I guess it will be a good test though.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could always send some of that rain to AZ.
Well I had t do something about the front shocks. There is no way I can afford Fox, Elka, ect. I bought a pair of Bronco gas shocks for the front. Reviews are not the best but had to do something. Had it out today and I can say it is a major improvement over the stock front shocks. They say 10% stiffer springs. I gained about an inch in the front making it pretty close to level now. I have the stock rears turned up to the 4th notch. I will see how it goes. Durability will be the thing I am worried about. Doling out $1500 to $2000 all at once, which I would have to do for the other brands due to the style of the shocks, is just not an option. I am pretty mellow on the machine so am hoping they will last a little while plus it does give me the ability to adjust the fronts too. I just have to hope for the best and see what happens. I will post once I get to really test them out a bit. Rain Rain everywhere. It just won't quit. Once it does it should make some interesting riding with all he washed out spots on the trails around here. I guess it will be a good test thoughi

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here is a link to them. I will put the old ones next to the newly installed ones and take a pic when I get back in town. They feel and look pretty good and even putting on the brakes, as compared to the old ones, is noticeably much better. Front doesn't nose dive NEAR as much and it settles quickly. The old ones would rock up and down and then finally settle if that makes any sense.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well here is a pic of the old and new shock side by side. It may give an idea of what the Broncos look like.
New SxS Shocks

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well here is a pic of the old and new shock side by side. It may give an idea of what the Broncos look like.View attachment 272074
I really wish the stock fronts had preload adjusters.
@hondabob once posted aftermarket preload adjusters for the big red and I wonder if they are still available.

Reactions: Smitty335
R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well at least these Bronco shocks do have preload adjustments and are more reasonably priced than other replacements. I didn't adjust them at all and they feel pretty good. It kind of makes the back ones feel soft now even though I have those on the forth notch. I am not sure but I think the original shocks might be oil filled where the Bronco's are gas. I really don't want to invest in any more until I can truly test the front ones a bit. I hope they pan out.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I went ahead and got the rear Bronco shocks. After some light riding with the new front shocks the inadequacy of the rear shocks were really brought to light. I guess I am all in with these now. A lot of money invested with only mediocre reviews. Only time will tell if I threw the money out the window or not. The Bronco's are about a 1/3 the cost of the Elka and Fox shocks but will still only be worth it if they hold up for a little bit. I will see and keep everyone informed as time goes on.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I went ahead and got the rear Bronco shocks. After some light riding with the new front shocks the inadequacy of the rear shocks were really brought to light. I guess I am all in with these now. A lot of money invested with only mediocre reviews. Only time will tell if I threw the money out the window or not. The Bronco's are about a 1/3 the cost of the Elka and Fox shocks but will still only be worth it if they hold up for a little bit. I will see and keep everyone informed as time goes on.
Did they come with bushings?

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I got the Broncos installed all the way around. It lifted the back the same 1.5 inches as it did the front. The back clearance sits a little over 14 inches now. I really don't have anything to compare them to except the stock shocks but man what a difference. They say 10% stiffer and I have to say that feels really good. I can't wait to hit the trails with it. Hope they hold up

20210521 164336 20210521 164413 20210522 132152

Last edited:
R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I got the Broncos installed all the way around. It lifted the back the same 1.5 inches as it did the front. The back clearance sits a little over 14 inches now. I really don't have anything to compare them to except the stock shocks but man what a difference. They say 10% stiffer and I have to say that feels really good. I can't wait to hit the trails with it. Hope they hold up

View attachment 273086 View attachment 273087
I have to fill up all that empty space now. Makes those tires look really small now.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I had a chance to try the new shocks out today. Just got back from Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer TX. Well they are WAY better than the stock ones. I cant compare them to anything else except the old shocks so don't know how they actually stack up to the more expensive ones. My wife noticed almost immediately. I did too. Trails were really rough from all the rain lately. That was expected but sure did make for a good test. These trails are a lot of rocks and red dirt and red mud. The main trail has small rock ledges and exposed rocks all over. Especially now and are much more pronounced. It was a good test to go a lot faster than I ever have over that trial. Shocks never bottomed out like the old ones did going much slower over a lot less rough terrain. I like them so far. I just hope they last. Also the increased ground clearance enabled me to go over a couple of areas I have never been able to clear before installation. So far, after one trip, I am happy with the purchase.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I had a chance to try the new shocks out today. Just got back from Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer TX. Well they are WAY better than the stock ones. I cant compare them to anything else except the old shocks so don't know how they actually stack up to the more expensive ones. My wife noticed almost immediately. I did too. Trails were really rough from all the rain lately. That was expected but sure did make for a good test. These trails are a lot of rocks and red dirt and red mud. The main trail has small rock ledges and exposed rocks all over. Especially now and are much more pronounced. It was a good test to go a lot faster than I ever have over that trial. Shocks never bottomed out like the old ones did going much slower over a lot less rough terrain. I like them so far. I just hope they last. Also the increased ground clearance enabled me to go over a couple of areas I have never been able to clear before installation. So far, after one trip, I am happy with the purchase.
How do you think they'd do as far as low speed comfort? I don't ride fast, but a better ride and more GC would be great.

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't ride fast either. When I say fast I might be talking 20 mph at the most. Mostly 10 to 15 or slower. Trails at Barnwell Mountain are not really setup for speed no mater what you're in. Just the fact the new shocks are gas and not oil filled gives them rebound ability that the original shocks just don't have. My wife and I both found the new ones much less harsh especially as much as the originals seemed to bottom out a lot as did the undercarriage of the 700. Most of the reviews I have read about these shocks said the improvement in ride was great but the durability may be the issue with them and is what has me concerned. I took a shot to see if spending 1/2 to 2/3 less is worth it. Not sure I could put the originals back on after seeing what upgraded shocks can do. I also will add. Listen to the guys on this site. Most all suggested upgraded shocks and I fought it but now I have had a taste and know how right they were.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!