P1000 Frustrated with build issues

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a new 2020 P1000-5 cammo factory top factory split windshield. Honda storage net - underseat storage mirriors honda switch panel Honda switches. Rigid 50" e pro light bar 5000 lb warn axion winch. Honda aluminum A guards Lookimg at rigiid light bar fo rear roll bar. Need advice on tailgate extention. Having a hell of a time with light brackets for 50" rigid light bar. Rubber windshield seal prevents neat installation at top of windshield plus blocks vision(6 ft 3" tall). Hood mount interfetes with hood operation. Stuck with mounting on top near roll bar area. Top overhang is also an issue. Bracket advice needed. Bought rigid backup light kit. No location suitable for mount. Sold these to friend. Took a hit Now looking at rear roll bar installation Concerned with rear factory top
overhang and clearance issue. Need advice on 10" rigid light bar and mount hardware. Anyone using seat belt warning over ride? Any issues? Im using in sand some mud corn fields. SC NC Ga Fla. No rocks to speak of. Full skid olate necessary?? Alum or plastic? Is there a place that knows the bracket issues concerning this machine?? Bad info so far Sending Crap back like crazy cause it wont fit. Vendors blame Honda for designing machines strictly for Honda accessories. I tend to agree. Everybody out of stock on routine parts due to pandemic. Universal BS excuse. Hunting season will be over before I get this project funished and I have not even startted looking at bluetooth- radio phone jacks dome lights cup holders usb ports dog boxes coolers roll bar storage ect ect. I am very average with mechanical ability and my vision is not great nor is my patience fiddling with stuff. Cussing tool thrower when things dont work. Machine is presently at Kings Bay powersports for rigging. They will let me supply my parts and seem honest about what they can/cant do. Labor rate is very fair so far. Any short cuts, bracket sources, knowkedgeable shops, or parts sources, ideas greatly appreciated

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Seems to me your frustration is the amount of things you are trying to do at once with not enough research before hand. The search function on this site will give you multiple different ways to mount things and fab things.

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems to me your frustration is the amount of things you are trying to do at once with not enough research before hand. The search function on this site will give you multiple different ways to mount things and fab things.

I second that. 1-2 things at a time then think about and research your next upgrade. Things will go a lot smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Use this for your rear lights, it uses OEM style clamps...

HondaSxS Club Rear Auto-on Reverse light kit

As for the 50" bar, I'm not really a fan of them since you can get better coverage with a few pod lights and a smaller light bar on the front bumper.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
As far as seat belt override, just plug the passenger buckle into the driver buckle if it bothers you.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
12" lightbar on bumper is tied into my highbeam switch and the pods are on a fused switch. All of the mounts came from Tractor Supply. For the pods near the A pillar, just replace the factory M6 bolt with a longer one and some washers to space it up.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a new 2020 P1000-5 cammo factory top factory split windshield. Honda storage net - underseat storage mirriors honda switch panel Honda switches. Rigid 50" e pro light bar 5000 lb warn axion winch. Honda aluminum A guards Lookimg at rigiid light bar fo rear roll bar. Need advice on tailgate extention. Having a hell of a time with light brackets for 50" rigid light bar. Rubber windshield seal prevents neat installation at top of windshield plus blocks vision(6 ft 3" tall). Hood mount interfetes with hood operation. Stuck with mounting on top near roll bar area. Top overhang is also an issue. Bracket advice needed. Bought rigid backup light kit. No location suitable for mount. Sold these to friend. Took a hit Now looking at rear roll bar installation Concerned with rear factory top
overhang and clearance issue. Need advice on 10" rigid light bar and mount hardware. Anyone using seat belt warning over ride? Any issues? Im using in sand some mud corn fields. SC NC Ga Fla. No rocks to speak of. Full skid olate necessary?? Alum or plastic? Is there a place that knows the bracket issues concerning this machine?? Bad info so far Sending Crap back like crazy cause it wont fit. Vendors blame Honda for designing machines strictly for Honda accessories. I tend to agree. Everybody out of stock on routine parts due to pandemic. Universal BS excuse. Hunting season will be over before I get this project funished and I have not even startted looking at bluetooth- radio phone jacks dome lights cup holders usb ports dog boxes coolers roll bar storage ect ect. I am very average with mechanical ability and my vision is not great nor is my patience fiddling with stuff. Cussing tool thrower when things dont work. Machine is presently at Kings Bay powersports for rigging. They will let me supply my parts and seem honest about what they can/cant do. Labor rate is very fair so far. Any short cuts, bracket sources, knowkedgeable shops, or parts sources, ideas greatly appreciated
Like its been said already, one mod at a time and research here before going nuts. There's plenty of DIY hacks in this forum.

Oh and welcome to the club from South FL !!!
Also.....we like pics!

# NTC

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all info. Several blocks checked off. I am time and vision challenged 68. I have downsized moved into beach condo. No gargage Tools in storage. No place to work except driveway So trying to knock out as much as possible without repeated trips to shop. If u turn dealer loose to supply whatever u get 2x priced cobbled together China crap. Trying to do this right but had no clue it would be this difficult. Appalled at all the bad info out there from aftermarket vendors. Found a treasure trove of never used rigid lights off show trucks for dirt cheap so they will get used
Lots of slow ruding looking for coyotes and hogs so the seat belt is a pita Thanks for the tip. Im also on the middle of a Toyota LC build which is another can of worms The info and advice is 100% appreciated. I will post some pics as soon as I get it back
Amyone wrapped one of these? The cammo outer takes a beating here from the sun and is terrible to replace cost wise when u go to sell/trade

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
...Amyone wrapped one of these? The cammo outer takes a beating here from the sun and is terrible to replace cost wise when u go to sell/trade
It would probably be cheaper to buy a new set of solid color plastics than a full wrap and just swap them when you want to sell.

Reactions: Rick53 and Isaiah
R

rickoshea

when i'm working around the property,i just pull out all the seatbelt and clip it in and tuck all the slack behind my seat and leave it and sit on it like that.

Reactions: Isaiah
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need advice on tailgate extention.

I am a big fan of the seizmik. It has been great. Very sturdy and gets out of the way very easily.
IMG 3700

Anyone using seat belt warning over ride? Any issues?

the club store override is great, easy install.

Full skid olate necessary?? Alum or plastic?

i will always recommend a skid plate. of course its more important for rocks, but sticks and stumps can ruin your day too without one.
i would go UHMW over aluminum any day.
i went with this one (1/2"), but there are a few others

Amyone wrapped one of these?
i looked in to it locally but it was quoted at about $850 so i backed off of it.

lights are the last project i need to complete. However i am not a fan of the big light bars. a few guys in my hunting lease have them and they are just way too much. if im in certain stands i can see them coming from at least a mile away, so its kind of the opposite of what you want when hunting.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Jgroesbeck once said, "he was suffering from paralysis from analysis." Don't over think it. Go do something else and come back to it later.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Jgroesbeck once said, "he was suffering from paralysis from analysis." Don't over think it. Go do something else and come back to it later.
This is so true for so many things in life. We (guys) get to working on something so hard that we can't see the elephant in the room. Put the tools down, walk away, let your mind work on a solution. I try not to start a project having a timeline, I'd much rather it was open ended so I can take the time to think things through. Outfitting my Talon seemed to take forever but I didn't screw anything up either.

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Many many thanks for all responses. I am down to waiting in one set if L brackets for light bar then Im good to go. The tech support guys at Rigid lghts wete a huge help as well They know the dims and clearances on tops windshields ect. Alixa Alloys has some neat roll bar clamps and mount brackets which got me out of a couple jams as well. Hopefully the pieces of this puzzle will come together next week so I can stat using the machine and pist sime pics. Once again many thanks to all

Reactions: TripleB and CID
PatioDaddyo58

PatioDaddyo58

Supporting Member
Nov 6, 2019
Abilene, TX
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here's what I used for my 50" light bar. No access issues with hood.
50"-54" Upper Over Hood LED Light Bar Right and Left Side Pillar Mount Brackets Fit Honda Pioneer 1000 700 on Amazon

61GrDwdNygL AC SL1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!