Talon Fuel mileage on Talon yet?

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I searched the forum for fuel economy information, but only turned up one thread which did not reach a conclusion regarding gas mileage.
Has anyone run a whole tank thru and recorded a mileage, refilled at the pump so you could calculate mileage?
Thank you.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not necessarily a milage report. I put 111 miles on mine, it still showed to have some fuel in it. I dumped 5 gallons in it and it did not show quite full. That was riding back roads breaking it in. Some wide open runs and some cruising runs.

M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
I searched the forum for fuel economy information, but only turned up one thread which did not reach a conclusion regarding gas mileage.
Has anyone run a whole tank thru and recorded a mileage, refilled at the pump so you could calculate mileage?
Thank you.
rode aggressive for 64.7 miles filed back up 2.99 gal then another 71 miles for a total of 135.7 filled up when done 3.42 gal looks like about 20 mpg

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
rode aggressive for 64.7 miles filed back up 2.99 gal then another 71 miles for a total of 135.7 filled up when done 3.42 gal looks like about 20 mpg
98 miles easy on peddle 20 miles were on snow pack rest was gravel at 45 21.6 mpg

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Logged 85 miles on moderate trails and 35+ miles of blacktop at 35 mph. Still have 2 bars

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I can't see how anyone has bought a toy (specially the Talon).. and worried or was concerned about fuel mileage.. haha
If you ever go riding in the southwest where the trails system are over 2000 miles, cover in excess of 3 million acres in the remote mountains, you dang sure want to know how far out you can go before you have to come back, even if packing extra fuel.

T

tr20pat

Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2018
south mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not really worried about it. But it's nice to have a ballpark figure for trip planning.

'll figure out how far it will go on a tank. No problem. Thought I'd ask to save time.
Ran 4 days at Royal Blue. 50 to 80 miles per day. Refueled each morning 3.8 gallons was the most we burned. In one day ran the crap out of it every chance we got.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thank you.
Based upon what I saw from a few Talons that went on a group ride I led, I took them 95 miles and they had another 10 to get back to their campground. Judging from that between 100 to 125 miles depending upon conditions would be the approximate range on one tank of fuel.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Based upon what I saw from a few Talons that went on a group ride I led, I took them 95 miles and they had another 10 to get back to their campground. Judging from that between 100 to 125 miles depending upon conditions would be the approximate range on one tank of fuel.
My 1000-5 still had 2 bars showing when we returned to RRB from that ride.

Reactions: Tramguage1
D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
Today I ran 89.2 miles and used 4.6 gal of fuel for 19.4 mpg.
The run included a lot of highway miles and rough slow cross country miles.
In a couple of days I will be making a cross country desert run of approximately 150 miles and will report back my mpg result for that one.

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Today I ran 89.2 miles and used 4.6 gal of fuel for 19.4 mpg.
The run included a lot of highway miles and rough slow cross country miles.
In a couple of days I will be making a cross country desert run of approximately 150 miles and will report back my mpg result for that one.[/I found The speedometer to be fairly accurate but I don’t think the mileage is correct when you have 100 miles on your Talon I think you are closer to 95 if not maybe a little bit less Someone else should take a GPS and double check

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I will check my mileage on the desert run from my GPS vs the talon.
I did notice that there is a difference of almost 2 mph, with the GPS states 57 mph the Talon says 55 mph.
I have 30 X 10 R15 tires on it.
I did not take into consideration the changes I made when I posted my mpg results.
Call it a senior moment.
But give me a couple of days and we will see more accurate results ( GPS ) at least with the 30" tires...DRK

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!