Talon Fuel tank fill location

C

Chooglin

If you look at this pic. , it looks like the fuel cap is located front right of the passengers seat ,Inside the cab area. Does anyone else think this is a odd place for it ?

Screenshot 2018 12 04 21 17 15

Reactions: TimG
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I actually like that placement. Only real complaint on the Yamaha is its outside the rig and gets caked up with mud. Inside the cabin keeps everything clean. Just need to make sure you don’t overfill with enclosure on.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The RZR gas cap is on the side, not a good place. Two Arizona women were burned to death in Moab a couple years ago. The RZR rolled over on the passenger side and caught fire. They couldn't release the seat belts and I expect the gas cap came off or broke probably hitting a rock. It exploded in fire. After that accident I checked all mine. My YXZ is inside the door.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I like it.Nice clean Idea but sometimes i like to a have a cigarette when I'm cruising slow or what ever.But I guess i would have to be careful now.
Guess I'm going to have to make some type of spring activated cover just to be safe..
First Mod..I also just for fun added most of the accessories on the power sport web site and came up with 6K Cdn.
I'm expecting 23K X 25k R if that the case will get the P1K 3 and wait for either 60" or 50" with a 1000 Twin..
Later....

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The RZR gas cap is on the side, not a good place. Two Arizona women were burned to death in Moab a couple years ago. The RZR rolled over on the passenger side and caught fire. They couldn't release the seat belts and I expect the gas cap came off or broke probably hitting a rock. It exploded in fire. After that accident I checked all mine. My YXZ is inside the door.
Wow that's awful. Something to keep in mind when riding. Anything can happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Many RZR fires.

Search rzr fire images.

Reactions: TimG
Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I like that location because on my P-500 and Can Am Commander it's hard to tip the gas can high enough to get all the gas out of the can, but with the Talon cap no problems getting all the gas in, can raise gas can all the way up so all gas flows in.

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have an older RZR (800 S), and the fill location is inside like this. I agree with others on this thread that it keeps the cap away from outside debris including mud build up and damage.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!