P1000 Full Cab Enclosure Lessons Learned?

O

outdoornut

Apr 28, 2021
kansas city, mo
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello,

Im anxiously waiting delivery of a 1000-3 (supposedly next month), and was wondering if anyone one has any tips/lesson learned on installing a full hard cab enclosure. Is there anything you would avoid/should do when choosing cab, window, door options? Im leaning towards all glass, windshield wiper, and heater. Ive heard rattles and gaps in door/seals can be common, any brand/make have the least amount of this? This will be an all season machine with most hours being racked up during ice fishing season. I appreciate any/all feedback! thanks

Reactions: ChadD and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
Im anxiously waiting delivery of a 1000-3 (supposedly next month), and was wondering if anyone one has any tips/lesson learned on installing a full hard cab enclosure. Is there anything you would avoid/should do when choosing cab, window, door options? Im leaning towards all glass, windshield wiper, and heater. Ive heard rattles and gaps in door/seals can be common, any brand/make have the least amount of this? This will be an all season machine with most hours being racked up during ice fishing season. I appreciate any/all feedback! thanks
I’m curious about this as well. I have the Honda soft upper doors, mid panel and windshield. It does pretty good but I’d think the option you’re going for should be better for sure.

Last edited:
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,

I’m curious about this as well. I have the Honda soft upper doors, mid panel and windshield. It does pretty good but I’d think the option you’re going for should be better for sure.
Is it,or does it get hot and dusty there?realize I’m a guy from southern Nevada.

D

ddw

Nov 22, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello,

I installed the HARD CAB enclosure on my 1000-3. Great during the winter. No heater needed in my opinion. During the summer I take off the doors. If it gets too warm when the doors are on, and it is a heat collector when the sun is shining, I open the windshield and it cools right off. My only issue with HARD CAB is the windshield shakes a bit on washboard roads but then I can tilt it out for cooling so it is never going to be rigid like a car windshield. Having lockable doors is nice. And I like the see-through doors too. Overall happy with it.

rcolson29

rcolson29

Jul 14, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little late to this thread, but we installed a full enclosure for our 1000-5. Overall I like the cab (Alumilitearmor) , but it is very loud inside. This past month we installed acoustic foam to hopefully help absorb some sound and also installed killmat in places in an effort to contain engine/transmission noise. Hoping the foam adds a little insulation value as it can be pretty cold in there while ice fishing, and that's with an inferno heater. Next on the list is plugging the air draft holes. It's amazing how much air flows through the shift lever.

If we had a 1000-3 I'd probably go the Honda enclosure route, but we didn't see anything that we liked for a 1000-5 except the Alumilite kit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!