P700 Full size battery

B

BrentW

Jul 15, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can a 2016 700-2 be run off a full size car battery? Would the charging system be sufficient? Seems to be plenty of room under the drivers seat to mod a mount. Anybody running this type of a set up with just a single auto size battery?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes a lot of us do it.I have a car battery and the stock battery with Isolator.My headlights and starter run off stock and all my accessories run off car battery.

IMG 4844 IMG 4740 IMG 4742

B

BrentW

Jul 15, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have just had bad luck with small batteries in the past. I would like a battery to last more than 3 years. I run a light bar and at some point may have to use my KFI 4500# winch. My machine is ridden several times a week so it isn't just setting up.

H

hydrantman

I have been running a Yellow Top Battery in my 2014 for almost 4 years now, no problems.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I've been running a full size battery for the last 2.5 years, I need it with the plow, heater, and tune all working at the same time, small battery's can't keep up. Definately well worth the effort in my eyes.

M

Martinezpj90

Apr 22, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I am a novice and just purchased my first 2015 pioneer 700-4 coming off the Polaris wagon. The pioneer has a full soft cab plus a heater. As I am located in Alaska and winter brings a large amount of dark time, I would like to put some led lights on it and have been reading up about pros and cons of two same size batteries or just running a full size one. For running a single full size battery, Is it as simple as running a longer ground and power cable to a new location and calling it day or is it more involved?

thanks

Patrick

Reactions: 70Bones and Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I am a novice and just purchased my first 2015 pioneer 700-4 coming off the Polaris wagon. The pioneer has a full soft cab plus a heater. As I am located in Alaska and winter brings a large amount of dark time, I would like to put some led lights on it and have been reading up about pros and cons of two same size batteries or just running a full size one. For running a single full size battery, Is it as simple as running a longer ground and power cable to a new location and calling it day or is it more involved?

thanks

Patrick
Yes, it’s that simple. Just extend the wires. I don’t think you need to upsize.

R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
So, if I read this right, you can install a larger battery of your choosing & the stock charging system will keep it up just fine? And this will relieve the need of two batteries, isolators & all the hoopla?

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
One of the reasons people use 2 batteries and an isolator, is so they can run the extra battery dead and the engine will still start off the original battery. However, if you put 1 large battery in it, and carry one of those cigarette pack sized car boosters for emergency starts, you're golden! I always have one of those pocket boosters, they work great!

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have run two batteries in my boats for at least since there was electricity using an A/B 12 v switch...A is start (radio and stuff) and B is trolling motor. I was planning to do that at some point in the 700...other than having to make a decision on which to use it's very simple. I do trickle charge at home but I can charge off my truck battery if needed. The big marine battery just never seems to run out of juice.
My concern with the 700 is will the charging system keep up with demand especially with winch use, blower motors on the heater and so on?

I have one of those handy little starter things in my truck...never needed it so far.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!