BOX1

P1000 Full tiling windsheild choice

Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
any word of wisdom on buying a full tilting windsheild honda or superatv. which is better or are they the same as far as use and scratch resistance?

S

silverstreak

Jan 17, 2017
Morgan Hill, Ca
Ownership

1. 1000-3
any word of wisdom on buying a full tilting windsheild honda or superatv. which is better or are they the same as far as use and scratch resistance?
I just installed Clearly Tough 1/4" Lexan windshield that when folded down you still have about a 1/2 windshield. I like the way it works with no hardware but with velcro straps. Cannot say anything about scratching yet, still too early to comment on that part.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SuperATV.. hands down!!
Yea, I have the Honda and after seeing the Super ATV one - I would go that way. I would offer to sell you my Honda one cheap but the bottom passenger side fogged up due to a chemical reaction and Honda will not sell just that piece.

Reactions: Landman and JTW
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does the Super ATV windshield handle high speed if full open?? Does it need to be closed if running at higher speed?

Another question I have is it looks like it fits the contour of the hood, but what about the contour of the stock Honda roof? What does it look like up there??

Is it good enough to ditch a perfectly good Honda windshield and dump $400 clams into a new replacement?

I'm real interested in it but have questions...I emailed Super ATV but have yet to get a reply.

Pictures are worth a thousand $$

Reactions: swsebek
J

JTW

It opens fully and can be ran open with no issues.. I get 65mph on the black top regularly with mine. I probably wouldn’t trailer with it up though.

The fit at the hood is fine but the roof has some to be desired. It’s just straight across 5-6 inches from the roof. I cut a piece of alumabond (use plexiglass, Lexon or whatever you have laying around) that fit the gap and contoured to the roof and put a piece of pipe foam as a roof gasket on it. I used a channel gasket (same as goes against the hood) on the bottom side and that seals against the top lip of the windshield. It now seals against the gasket and does a fine job keeping water and rain from coming over top. I’ve posted pics on here a couple times. I’ll see if I can find them. If not I’ll take some more.

As for it being worth it.. I bought mine on sale for 325-350 ish.. is it worth getting? If you’re always hot, then yes! If you want to shoot out the front of the machine it’s great!
Sell the Honda for 200-300 and you’ll be happy!

Oh, and if I were you I’d trace the top of the Honda windshield profile when I took it off. It will make life much easier.

Reactions: GlockMeister
Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
look on amazon they had some for 349 i just ordered mine yesterday

J

JTW

And one more thing... for any of you looking to add a gap filler. A couple 1 3/4” exhaust hangers from Advanced auto work great! (The U bolt kind that have the two collars)

EagleEye

EagleEye

Sep 5, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the wind defector, and I am really glad. It keeps the wind out of our face at all speeds, and I always have a clear view of the road ahead. With the dusty roads and trails here, it would be impossible to see through after a day of riding, and especially with the glare of the sun and dust. Just my personal opinion.

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
I just installed the super atv hardcoat split windshield tonight. I'm happy with it ,good quality. Not sure about summer use,we liked our bug buster for hot weather.

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!