Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
20190918 180324
20191003 143324

20191013 102811

20200211 140112

20200415 123451

I can't call mine a build, really. I'm not a DIYer, fabricator, or wrencher. But I certainly will be adding to my buggy. Just gotta write some checks for some of the work! So far I've just done free mods and bolt-on accessories. LOVE this site!

EDIT: Am updating mods, additions and pictures here as I go; with posts within the thread.

Planned Mods:

-Reverse override *
-Sway bar removal *
-Rack storage, removeable *
-Power steering *
-Torq locker *

Planned Accessories:

-Honda roof *
-Honda windshield *
-Honda mirror, rearview *
-Honda rear panel *
-Honda rear bumper *
-Gun mount, Koplin XL UTV *
-Front bumper, Strong Made *
-Winch *
-Heat shield, Trigger <>
-Glove box *
-Hitch bar, ball *
-Moose 2" hitch receiver *
-Under hood storage bin *
-Tires, 27s *
-Wheels, 12" 4+3 steelies *
-Mudbusters, rear flaps <>
-Turn signal / Horn Kit
-A-arm guards
-Skid plates
-Light(s), front
-Light(s), rear
-Speaker, JBL Extreme *
-Pencil, wooden with broken lead * (for digging mud out of that awful outer groove of the factory wheel!)

* Denotes finished
<> Denotes purchased, awaiting shipment/install

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
A good list @futzin , looks like you did good research. Might want to hold off on under hood storage purchases until you get the power steering installed. Tried the rear view mirror first but replaced with Kolpin side mirrors which made room for the MTX overhead audio pod for tunes.
Have you seen the 3 gal. trash can mod for the hole under the drivers seat? Good for seldom used stuff, especially heavy stuff to keep a low COG. Used a heat gun to soften the plastic for top shape, and to deform some clearance for the brake line on the bottom. Keep us posted on progress.
P500 - dirt cheap underseat storage
P500 - MTX Overhead Audio Pod fits!

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Research? Only a ton . . . that's my way.

Might want to hold off on under hood storage purchase

Yeah, already purchased and installed one. Realized after that I may have screwed the pooch on the PS a bit. Seems I saw where someone was able to work around it on his. I'll have to pay someone to do it, not in my wheelhouse, so to speak.

The mirror I think will work with my JBL Extreme Bluetooth speaker zip tied next to it. Keeps me from buying anything and sounds fantastic. I actually have two of them. Love 'em. Haven't ruled out side mirrors, but I'm in the woods a lot on tight trails (the way I like it; what the P5 excels at). I have seen the trash can mod; very cool. Could work in winter months, but I'm thinking TriggerShield for hot weather. I'd like to add it for cold weather because the windshield, roof, and rear panel add to in-cab noise. But I'm liking the heat in the cooler weather thus far.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The trigger shield lifts up easy to access the trash can mod if you ever go that route, the rubber just lays down and is flexible. The side mirrors swing in if hit, got mine after talking with @trigger. And his trigger shield is well worth it.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
20190921 110300

Might be able to see the speaker (camo, of course) in this pic. JBLs BT speakers can be linked together, as well.

Also pictured, my beloved '06 Foreman which needs new sneakers. Maybe I can buy two sets at once and get a deal!

And for no good reason, this pic:
20190920 120929

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Got my Strong Made front bumper put on at deer camp. Didn't get a good pic 'cause I was in a hurry to get in a stand! Really like the bumper...
Parked in the shade because the day was heating up.

20191013 102811

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
View attachment 159826 View attachment 159827 I can't call mine a build, really. I'm not a DIYer, fabricator, or wrencher. But I certainly will be adding to my buggy. Just gotta write some checks for some of the work! So far I've just done free mods and bolt-on accessories. LOVE this site!

Planned Mods:

-Reverse override *
-Sway bar removal *
-Rack storage, removeable
-Power steering
-Torq locker

Planned Accessories:

-Honda roof *
-Honda windshield *
-Honda mirror, rearview *
-Honda rear panel *
-Honda rear bumper *
-Gun mount, Koplin XL UTV <>
-Front bumper, Strong Made *
-Winch
-Heat shield, Trigger
-Glove box *
-Hitch bar, ball *
-Under hood storage bin *
-Tires, 26s
-A-arm guards
-Skid plates
-Light(s), front
-Light(s), rear
-Speaker, JBL Extreme *
-Pencil, wooden with broken lead * (for digging mud out of that awful outer groove of the factory wheel!)

* Denotes finished
<> Denotes purchased, awaiting shipment/install

Trigger 2.0

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got my Strong Made front bumper put on at deer camp. Didn't get a good pic 'cause I was in a hurry to get in a stand! Really like the bumper...
Parked in the shade because the day was heating up.

View attachment 161088
Bumper looks great on front, and I see some legs on back. The simple OEM flat rack was actually a good choice by Honda.

Reactions: futzin
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Bumper looks great on front, and I see some legs on back. The simple OEM flat rack was actually a good choice by Honda.

I like the rear rack, as well. Yeah, successful hunt. The doe was why I had to park in the shade while I packed up. She ran a good ways even though a double lung shot. She ended up in a creek. A single 4wheeler or full sized sxs would not have worked for two people to retrieve this deer. Great initiation for my P5 to deer camp!

Love the bumper and an easy install, but the limited access and tiny turns to the nuts to install it...! I took the logo off because I don't want anything shiny on my buggy. I may hit it with some camo green and put it back on.

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Those tight front inside nuts on the Strongmade design were a bear. When I did a second one on another ride, I cheated and put the nuts on the outside. They should provide acorn nuts and a shorter bolt for an easier installation that way. For anyone looking to buy one, the small price for new bolts and nuts would be worth it in time and skin. LOL

571047AE A100 472E 8009 200B3D4D19C9

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500

Yeah, already purchased and installed one. Realized after that I may have screwed the pooch on the PS a bit. Seems I saw where someone was able to work around it on his. I'll have to pay someone to do it, not in my wheelhouse, so to speak.

The mirror I think will work with my JBL Extreme Bluetooth speaker zip tied next to it. Keeps me from buying anything and sounds fantastic. I actually have two of them. Love 'em. Haven't ruled out side mirrors, but I'm in the woods a lot on tight trails (the way I like it; what the P5 excels at). I have seen the trash can mod; very cool. Could work in winter months, but I'm thinking TriggerShield for hot weather. I'd like to add it for cold weather because the windshield, roof, and rear panel add to in-cab noise. But I'm liking the heat in the cooler weather thus far.
I have a JBL Blue Tooth speaker, and I pull tie it to the cross bar on the roll cage behind the seat and it works good there. I also have Siezmik side mirrors that fold back when impacted, I have been on some very tight 50" trails in the woods and the mirrors have worked out great. The only thing that I dislike about the side mirrors are when I have my factory doors on you can not see the one on the passenger side, my rearview mirror works good for when I have my doors on.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
So far I'm getting along pretty well with my Honda rearview mirror. Certainly a disconnect with P5 owners on mirror location. However, I haven't yet had the mirror, roof, and speaker on at the same time. With the roof clamps it may not work on the front bar. Love the Honda quick disconnect clamps though. Takes 3 minutes to remove the roof and windshield.

I like the speaker on the roll bar in front of me; let's me control the volume easily without messing with my dam phone. Easy to reach things in the P5 cockpit! I can reach the passenger cupholder if necessary. ;)

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Installed the Moose 2" hitch receiver. Had to widen the holes to get it to fit and make a run to the store for additional nuts not provided by Moose so it was more trouble than it should have been, but it's done.

Power steering is the plan next.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Power steering is in! Took a quick trip around the yard. Man, this is NICE! Anxious to get the locker in so I can install a winch so I can then get tires/wheels so I can then put on extra lighting then I can . . . oh, I see what y'all been sayin'!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Power steering is in! Took a quick trip around the yard. Man, this is NICE! Anxious to get the locker in so I can install a winch so I can then get tires/wheels so I can then put on extra lighting then I can . . . oh, I see what y'all been sayin'!

After all that, do yourself a big favor and get some shocks. Makes a world of difference in the ride, you'll wonder why it wasn't first on the list. 😉

Reactions: Mudder and futzin
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
After all that, do yourself a big favor and get some shocks. Makes a world of difference in the ride, you'll wonder why it wasn't first on the list. 😉

Yes, that's starting to appear on the fringes of my priorities. The anti sway bar removal was a nice little ride upgrade. Hoping larger tires help in that dept also. Maybe shocks in a couple of years. Wanting to get the locker, winch and tires (maybe wheels) this year. That's enough for my pocketbook for now (and then some, really), especially after roof, bumpers, windshield, PS, and some other stuff!

I'm gonna have to think really hard over whether I want to keep it narrow or increase the stance and height for extra capability.

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
First time oddity. While clearing trails yesterday lost power to the PS, a little stiff steering back to the house but very driveable. Turned out the Bussman circuit breaker had tripped due my rear panel strap across the trip button. Reset it and all good.

Reactions: Mudwing and futzin
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
First time oddity. While clearing trails yesterday lost power to the PS, a little stiff steering back to the house but very driveable. Turned out the Bussman circuit breaker had tripped due my rear panel strap across the trip button. Reset it and all good.

I can top that. I finished my PS install; hit the key: no power. I neglected to depress the connector far enough in the scotch connector. Total rookie move . . .

Reactions: Mudwing
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Hacked up a semi quick release system for a couple of storage boxes. Very happy with it so far. Weatherproof, Remington brand, found on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse.

20200329 153051

20200408 165051

20200329 153539

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigtee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!