DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Every once in a while i get a whiff of gas fumes. Doesn't appear to be any leaks.

Anyone else get this?

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
only when i eat alot of pinto beans :D

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
sorry i had to say that honestly i havent had any fumes from mine yet maybe others will post if they did have you checked under the seat area ? does it run correctly when you smell the fumes

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Curiosity got to me so i went out and looked in the dark 20 degree snowy night with a flashlight. Looks like there is a vent hose that ends right behind the passengers knees. Probably just vented out a bit. Runs perfectly.

Reactions: moparornocar
R

rparris

Sep 2, 2013
I've noticed it on mine a few times.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I am pulling trees and idling a lot then occasionally when I slosh the gas I'll get a smell. I think it is most likely the vent you found. I hadn't gone looking or worried about it.

Reactions: moparornocar
F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
So, are yall saying this is normal?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you constantly smell it, NOT NORMAL take it to the dealer before you ride it again.

If it is a brief whiff at rare random times yeah normal, that's what a vents purpose is.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I looked at mine today as well and have come to the conclusion that I'll need to put a in line fuel filter onto the end of the hose to keep dust out of the tank. I've done this to all my machines ,have even put them on the vent lines from the front and rear diff's.

M

Migglemuss

Nov 7, 2017
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Curiosity got to me so i went out and looked in the dark 20 degree snowy night with a flashlight. Looks like there is a vent hose that ends right behind the passengers knees. Probably just vented out a bit. Runs perfectly.
I have the same problem but mostly when I hit bumps or chuck holes. Did you notice that issue with yours?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the same problem but mostly when I hit bumps or chuck holes. Did you notice that issue with yours?
Dang...a thread back from the dead!!

Honestly, I was mostly hitting bumps and chug holes, so it would be difficult to tell. This only happened occasion until I put on a half windshield, and then it became very noticeable. It didn't stop until I extended the gas tank vent to the front of the machine...out in clean air. No more issues. Where Honda put this...to be honest, was kinda dumb for a machine with the potential to have a full enclosed cab.

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!