P500 Gasoline smell

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Sometimes when I suddenly slow down from running in the higher gears I get a faint and very brief odor of gasoline. Not often and not every time . I have stopped and looked for any gas dripping and nothing shows. I don't think it is a leak because the smell dissipates almost immediately. I have looked when parked and cannot find any evidence of a leak. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this brief smell from a vent somewhere? If this is a problem tell me what it is and how to fix it.
No flashing lights, no loss of power, engine runs fine and all seems normal in every other respect.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Vent is under the seat if you haven’t extended the line. Highly recommend extending it along with the diff vents.

Reactions: trigger
T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks I will look at extending the vents. I don't take mine swimming but then you never know about the unexpected.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You'll get it even after extending the vent line. I never notice it on the trails but every winter when I'm plowing...nothing to worry about though. ;)

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Odd, I get it sometimes too. Couldn't decide if I should worry.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!