Talon Gauge Relocated

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
This is the Allthingzutv kit and it took me about 4 hours to complete and was a little more difficult than I expected but it turned out well.
IMG 5500
IMG 5491
IMG 5498
IMG 5499

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I helped install one on my buddy's Talon. Even at higher cost, I think they would be better to make a matching extension harness to feed the pod, instead of the rest of that monkey business.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
I helped install one on my buddy's Talon. Even at higher cost, I think they would be better to make a matching extension harness to feed the pod, instead of the rest of that monkey business.

@Hondasxs

here’s a new product idea!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

And use the original location for another glove box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is the Allthingzutv kit and it took me about 4 hours to complete and was a little more difficult than I expected but it turned out well.View attachment 171448 View attachment 171449 View attachment 171450 View attachment 171451
Nice pics. Having it straight in front has got to be a big improvement. I'd prefer a combination analog/digital gauge but the Talon has so many other great attributes that I can live with the digital gauge. I'm thinking about doing it to my Talon. What makes it so difficult to install?

Reactions: Ddoggy and IDIOT
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Nice pics. Having it straight in front has got to be a big improvement. I'd prefer a combination analog/digital gauge but the Talon has so many other great attributes that I can live with the digital gauge. I'm thinking about doing it to my Talon. What makes it so difficult to install?

Unraveling wiring loom and relocating a bunch of stuff to allow the gauge wiring to reach.

Reactions: Ddoggy and IDIOT
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
If you remove the tape on the harness it will allow you to reach with out moving the switches.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Not too bad, just removing the 2 little phillips screws without dropping them that hold the gauge in its original spot.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thats is where it should have been to start with. That and it is so small I have trouble reading it, especially when wearing sunglasses.

Reactions: HavasuDave
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
for thoses who have done this project already, is there anywhere to put 2 small LED indicators for turn signals (mine are in the little plate that is getting covered by holding fixture. Maybe lower corners of the new piece??

T

That-One-Guy

Nov 25, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don’t remember where I saw it (maybe a post for a street legal kit) but someone had turn indicators on the dash then when the gauge was relocated they installed two micro LED’s on the top corners(half way from outside to the glass).

T

That-One-Guy

Nov 25, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don’t remember where I saw it (maybe a post for a street legal kit) but someone had turn indicators on the dash then when the gauge was relocated they installed two micro LED’s on the top corners(half way from outside to the glass).
Guess I should have search before posting, I was wrong on the location but it was in the street legal post replied to by PaulF.

C1107D94 9631 42F5 887C 717DEDA5BF3A

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
thanks. think i will look at corners when installing and if not big enough, will fab up something. i am not guttsy enough to drill into gage

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you remove the tape on the harness it will allow you to reach with out moving the switches.

Idiot, I have been looking at this after NVBlu told me about a friend getting it. So I just want to confirm you don't have to relocate the switches?

I want to but a bigger gps screen in that spot if I can.

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
This is what my display looks like when I am riding, can't read a dang thing on it. Now I never look at it.

IMG 3636

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!