BOX1

P1000 Gen1 Soft Front Doors

W

Weasel_master

Dec 14, 2018
Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my Pioneer 1000-5 this winter. I found a set of used Honda soft front doors. They're the gen1's. I see Honda says you cannot tow on an open trailer with them. I know people say the gen2's are and improvement how they fit. I can get the Gen1's for $275. For that price I'm tempted but curious on opinions before I jump. I live in Northern MN, so looking for a bit of protection in the winter. Will I regret the purchase?

Muttly

Muttly

Sep 2, 2017
Mid MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the gen 1's, they aren't the greatest thing Honda made. I started out adding a snap to the velcro tab, then just tying the two sides together when towing. This fall I added snowmobile hood straps at the upper front of the doors, haven't towed with them but they work great at keeping the doors reasonably draft free.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same setup as Muttly, they work well enough for what they are.

I wouldn’t haul it with them on.....but I have an enclosed trailer too.

B

Barnstormer

Mar 17, 2016
Barnum, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my Pioneer 1000-5 this winter. I found a set of used Honda soft front doors. They're the gen1's. I see Honda says you cannot tow on an open trailer with them. I know people say the gen2's are and improvement how they fit. I can get the Gen1's for $275. For that price I'm tempted but curious on opinions before I jump. I live in Northern MN, so looking for a bit of protection in the winter. Will I regret the purchase?
I have gen 1 doors and I have towed mine several hundred miles even though MN snowstorms. I simply open my windows, shut the doors and reach in to tightly fasten the upper Velcro tabs. I generally don’t go over about 65mph I’ve never had a problem (oops, I forgot to say that I zip my windows shut after Velcro fastening) I hope this helps you

W

Weasel_master

Dec 14, 2018
Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the comments. I ended up passing for now.

Being from MN and with what these cost and all the salt, I've considered buying an enclosed trailer. Keep it from rusting so bad as any use would be in the woods away from salt. Only concern is size I'd need if I end up putting on tracks. Itd be nice to free up storage space in the garage too.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!