BOX1

Talon Got the Talon X

C

Crwh45

Nov 3, 2016
Greene, N.Y.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So a few weeks ago I finally traded in my Honda Valkyrie on a new Talon X. I couldn't pass up the deal they wanted to give me for the bike (5 years old and only 2600 miles). Anyway, they "charged me" $19,500 for the Talon minus trade, and we all know that it is just a numbers game with trades, so they could've given me even more for the bike and kept the X at retail value...
That said, holy cow. What a difference it is compared to my P1K5. First unloaded it to ride it in my feild, and my fiance asked what the safety glasses were for...needless to say by the time we got to the corner of the field she wanted a set as she had tears all the way to her ears. Hard to believe just the difference in power and acceleration for having the "same motor". Put on some lower doors and a simple BOSS radio I had laying around last night, a windshield (Super ATV flip out one) and the Honda winch last weekend along with the nerf bars. I have to say, as far as winch installs go, this is by far the easiest one I have ever done.

My big complaint which I knew going in, is that unlike the P1K5, I won't be able to take everything including the kitchen sink. I've seen some storage ideas on here on a few other threads, so may go along those lines. Was thinking of getting the rear tire carrier that goes across the bars, but fabbing up some bars that come down at an angle to the box for more secure points. Or getting the gate as well. Haven't quite decided yet.

Finally got it on the trails last weekend, and by trails I mean some old truck/logging roads, power lines, and a beaver damn. I hit a downed tree as we were making our way onto the power lines (had 3 foot of grass all around it), basically hit one of the ends of it with the drivers side lower A-arm. My cousin in his jacked up rzr (it's on 37s) drove right over them and I was following his lead. Luckily I was only doing 5mph, but it stopped me right in the tracks...and bend the arm just slightly (wouldn't notice it if I didn't point it out), but talk about a bummer. Other than that, everything was great on it. The only other complaint I have is the amount of noise it makes when the rear gets airborne just a little bit...I take it from stuff "freewheeling" for a brief second.

Overall, pretty impressed with it. Obviously won't be taking a keg with me like on the pioneer, hehe, but I will make do.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!