BOX1

P1000 Graybear 2018 build

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few quick add ons on my 2018. I was able to use a lot of parts from previous SXS to keep costs down.
The basics first, a roof, windscreen and winch. Honda roof and 1/2 windscreen mounted 2 inches up from stock to allow air to pass through and keep the dust down. Warn VRX 4500lb. winch with KFI winch mount. IMG 1427

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few quick add ons on my 2018. I was able to use a lot of parts from previous SXS to keep costs down.
The basics first, a roof, windscreen and winch. Honda roof and 1/2 windscreen mounted 2 inches up from stock to allow air to pass through and keep the dust down. Warn VRX 4500lb. winch with KFI winch mount. View attachment 137312
What part of the world are you from Iowa, Kansas?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also added 28 inch Kenda Bear Claw 8 ply radials. I purchased the honda under seat storage box and left the rubber flap so I can fold it over the opening. I was able to get my tool kit, tire plug kit, Honda 12 volt air compressor, backup jump starter battery, 25 foot tow strap. This all the stuff I want to always stay in the rig. I had a nice dry bag to put it all in so it shouold stay dust free. I also added the under tray storage and replaced the stock cup holders with larger ones that will hold bigger cups.IMG 1437

Last edited:
G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the back bed of the P5 I cut a rubber mat I picked up at the local ranch store to fit the dimensions of the back bed. I had a couple of old RZR rear bed boxes that fit pretty well. I can put 2 in and still have room for a large cooler and gas can if needed. I also like to carry a come along and extra gas. I added a machete and a portable telescoping riding flag and machete.IMG 1445

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am adding storage using the rear doors but plan on doing it a bit different than most. I plan on cutting my holes on the inside of the doors using a snap on flap on each door to cover the hole. Local canvas shop is making them right now. The cost is $25 for both sides including all the mounting snaps. I will psot up pictures as soon as they are done in a week or so. I found this new small plug kit for the tires and included a picture of it with the Honda 12 volt compressor I have used over the years for multiple machines. Look close and you should be able to read the part numbers. Compressor is under $50.
IMG 1710

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I added some rear door storage a bit differently. I had these heavy vinyl panels with snaps made so I could cut my door hole on the inside of the doors. It will work on any level of pioneer. The panels are around 7 inches high and 7 inches long on the bottom and 8 inches long on the top. I cut a small hole in the door so I could attach the snaps in the correct place and then opened up the hole to be just inside of all the snaps. I used #6 phillips head bolts with a washer and nylock nuts 1/2 inch long. I can reach my arm throught the opening all the way down to the bottom of the door. IMG 1720 IMG 1722 IMG 1717
The 2 panels ended up costing $30 total with another $5 for install hardware since I did not just rivet the snaps to the door. I forgot to get a picture of the full opening after installing the snaps.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered a couple of 50 synthetic winch ropes to stow away in the new found storage in the rear doors. I thought this would be the easiest and strongest way to add distance if I ever need to winch out from a anchor located a long way off. Some D rings to hook things together if needed.

Reactions: Backwoods
G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I decided to change up my storage solutions. I took out the old Polaris box I was running and installed this Milwaukee
box. I removed the wheels and the extension handle so it would fit better. I can add another one next to it if needed. They also make a real nice cooler that will lock into the lid of this box or other smaller storage boxes that will lock in. I can get 2 in side by side and still fit the igloo 37 can cooler and 3 gas cans if needed. I won't carry my YETI since they pulled the NRA support.
IMG 1806

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!