P1000 Grinding noise going into low

S

ScottCarver

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Roxboro, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guys, I was having the same issue of grinding when going into low. A little back story... I had never had the issue until after I got my machine serviced. Full oil change and valve adjustments. Once I got it back home, I noticed that it would grind when shifting into Low and occasionally it would pop out of gear. I dealt with it for a little bit and tried the slamming into low. It worked sometimes. Ok, now back to the current, I checked the oil level in the sub transmission and it was high. (Also when I got my machine back from service, the engine oil level was about a quart low). I removed approximately .25-.5 of a quart from oil from the sub transmission using a vampire pump. Now, the transmission shifts correctly, smoothly and doesn’t grind. I don’t know, mechanically, why it made a difference, but it did. So check your oil levels, even after a service
My machine has about 1200 miles on it and that service was performed at 1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!