BOX1

Talon Guess this will be around 2

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Im going to try to keep a good build thread going this time, when I was doing my pioneer I had intentions on keeping it pretty stock so I didn't bother with doing it. But it ended up alot different. So I'm going to document the talon, I got a green R out of Mississippi, going to pick it up this weekend and I'll post a pic of it when I get it home from the 9hr drive. And I believe it will be heading in the same direction as my pioneer as soon as money allows. Here is a pic of my P1k5 untill this weekend
131cd2820dc1bcec989ad9e6ca9268b2

Last edited by a moderator:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im going to try to keep a good build thread going this time, when I was doing my pioneer I had intentions on keeping it pretty stock so I didn't bother with doing it. But it ended up alot different. So I'm going to document the talon, I got a green R out of Mississippi, going to pick it up this weekend and I'll post a pic of it when I get it home from the 9hr drive. And I believe it will be heading in the same direction as my pioneer as soon as money allows. Here is a pic of my P1k5 untill this weekend
View attachment 143365
Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Ec7ef9768c5ef5e0fffbb986e0551cac
Sorry I'm so late. This is a pic from the dealership. Put in about 50 miles when I got home and man this thing is awesome! Ready for parts to start rolling in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
NICE! what are your plans as far as aftermarket parts?

I plan to on 32" tusk terribites, high clearance arms and radius rods, shock therapy spring kit, Trinity full exhaust with tune and intake mod, dual battery with isolator, few light bars and some rock lights, some 8" Bluetooth tower speakers, with a custom cage and custom bumpers. Hopefully that's it

Reactions: BWAF and Tigermark
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I plan to on 32" tusk terribites, high clearance arms and radius rods, shock therapy spring kit, Trinity full exhaust with tune and intake mod, dual battery with isolator, few light bars and some rock lights, some 8" Bluetooth tower speakers, with a custom cage and custom bumpers. Hopefully that's it

I also plan on some custom rock sliders and skid plates

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
well let L&W be your first stop, all our suspension parts come with a lifetime warranty!

I will definitely look into it, the suspension stuff isn't on the top of the list yet

Reactions: BWAF
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Can't make my mind up between these 2 shift gates. anyone have either? F7dc6d26c6bc1f1f50440e08c261885aBcb1e8e825f776b19d06693cef6fc3fc

H

HondaTech

I may be biased, but those shift gates seem like a dumb idea.

They claim you have to move the shifter to the side to switch between High/Low, Neutral and Reverse.

This looks like it makes shifting without looking at the shifter even worse for me.

Reactions: Choped5er and BWAF
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I may be biased, but those shift gates seem like a dumb idea.

They claim you have to move the shifter to the side to switch between High/Low, Neutral and Reverse.

This looks like it makes shifting without looking at the shifter even worse for me.

I love the shifter. Its so easy to use. I know it looks cumbersome in the pics but it really is a world of difference. I ended up going with the second one I posted, from rayco. Highly recommend it, only issue is that being metal on metal, they shifts are kinda loud if you slam it hard

O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Can't make my mind up between these 2 shift gates. anyone have either? View attachment 144778View attachment 144779

I have the CA technologies shift gate, i really like it. I went with the shift gate replacement to be able to go straight to reverse from high or low in an uphill situation when the front end gets a lift to much lift instead of rolling it over backwards.

Reactions: BWAF and Choped5er
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the CA technologies shift gate, i really like it. I went with the shift gate replacement to be able to go straight to reverse from high or low in an uphill situation when the front end gets a lift to much lift instead of rolling it over backwards.

I also just installed the CA Technologies shift gate on my machine. I haven't really gotten any seat time with it yet, but my primary reasoning for getting it was the inevitable 3-point turns on tight/slow woods trails in the R. It should also be a nice add-on for hill climbers like OzkMtnTalon mentioned.

Reactions: Choped5er
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union

I love mine to. I went with mine over the ca one for ease of use for the ole lady when she decides to drive it. I figured the 2 reverse locations would confuse her

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!