P700 Gun Mount issue

C

Caleb

Jan 16, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone tried mounting the "Kolpin Gear Rail System" to their 700? They claim it fits the 700 but I am having trouble seeing how it will clamp to the roll cage. Just trying to see if anyone has done it before or has any experience with it. Thanks!

For reference:
Utility Gear Rail System | Kolpin

Last edited:
C

Caleb

Jan 16, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I have not been on the site for a while now but I wanted to give an update on this. I was able to get a local fabricator to help me out with a gun boot mount. I used the mounting bracket for the Kolpin "Double Gun Boot". This will hold 2 scabbards easily and seems very secure after a full hunting season. We used square tubing and welded the boot bracket to the tubing. The tubing is then held against the roll cage behind the head rests with 2 U-bolts. It is easily removable for the off seasons when I dont need it. Down side is that it does obstruct the view when trying to look behind you while reversing but not too bad. I will try to get some good pictures of the set up in case it may help anyone else with their own ideas. The "Gear Rail System" did not work for the 700, even though Kolpin claims on their site that it does.

IMG 0966

Reactions: Tflynn
C

Caleb

Jan 16, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here are some more pictures of the gun mount system I came up with. Hopefully it can help someone else in the future if they are trying to come up with something too, maybe even make it better.

IMG 1376 IMG 1377 IMG 1379 IMG 1380

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!