WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not mine but I like the idea. Double gun case from cabelas. Can use for storage also when you don't have a gun in it. Use the search up top. Tons of info and different ideas you can find
Screenshot 20210828 140038 Chrome

Reactions: Rayger143
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I still haven't found one I liked. I had a gun grabber in my Gator and loved it but inorder to mount it in the Honda I need a stand in the floorboard. I don't want a stand int he floorboard. The nice think about gun grabber is there is no straps, you just grab the gun and pull it out and your ready to shoot. Loved it, but there's no steel on the Honda to mount it where it needs to be. Good look finding one. Post what you get, I need some new ideas on this subject.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still haven't found one I liked. I had a gun grabber in my Gator and loved it but inorder to mount it in the Honda I need a stand in the floorboard. I don't want a stand int he floorboard. The nice think about gun grabber is there is no straps, you just grab the gun and pull it out and your ready to shoot. Loved it, but there's no steel on the Honda to mount it where it needs to be. Good look finding one. Post what you get, I need some new ideas on this subject.
I seen a post not long ago where someone modified a floor mount holder to make it work. Can't remember what brand or what thread but it's on here somewhere. They done a really nice job with it

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use a couple rhino grips on rear ropes in my 3. Pros it’s high and dry and inside the cab. Cons it’s one gun only and I’m guessing wouldn’t work for anyone much taller than 5’9”. Most of my hunting rifles have brrls under 20” so I haven’t tried this set up with anything longer.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
WOW! They are priced like they are made from gold plated vagina, do you have experience with these mounts? Are they truly worth the $$?
no personal experience. but there was some post a while back from guys that did have them and was very happy . said they were easy access and very secure also lockable. could try the search bar up top and maybe find the older post for more info and some personal experience. sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
WOW! They are priced like they are made from gold plated vagina, do you have experience with these mounts? Are they truly worth the $$?
scroll down about 8-10 pics and he has some shots of his install

C

Coonir1

Jul 9, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the helpful comments. Due to the sometimes dusty conditions while traveling where I hunt, I need some kind of case that will protect my weapon from dust. I’m also looking for max protection of the scope. BTW the gold plated vagina comment had me rolling…😂

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
scroll down about 8-10 pics and he has some shots of his install
Awesome, thanks for the link. :)

Farm5G

Farm5G

Oct 25, 2021
15936 and 17501
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too am looking for a stand up. I have OHGR – Overhead Gun Rack – 2″ and 1.875″ round tube ROPS – Seizmik. However I'm looking for a quick grab whether it's a 12 gauge for porcupines, raccoons, or a scoped rifle for coyotes, fishers, foxes. Looked into the Gun Gabber, but as you mention, not sure I want to drill into my floorboards. . ..
TC

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run this one from Cableas and have been very happy with it. I tried some of the kolpin gun mounts but didn't like the gun getting covered in dust. I bought this one and ran it behind the front seats. I finally figured out a way to run a front rack above my hood, and that's where I put the case now. It comes with a rain fly to help from getting wet.

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run this one from Cableas and have been very happy with it. I tried some of the kolpin gun mounts but didn't like the gun getting covered in dust. I bought this one and ran it behind the front seats. I finally figured out a way to run a front rack above my hood, and that's where I put the case now. It comes with a rain fly to help from getting wet.
I run the same one..... I was riding went into a canyon, and on the way back out, there was a rifle laying in the trail.... Hey! that looks like mine..... It was! they work fine, if you remember to zip them up! It put a ding in the stock (adds character) and Vortex replaced the scope....

Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@tjoreo do you have any pics of how it was mounted behind the front seats or on the front rack. Just wondering if it would interfere with dumping the bed at all.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!