Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Alcohol users can own guns. I don’t see a problem here

I agree in theory, but alcohol is not a scheduled substance nor illegal at the federal level. This will be a legit comparison once they remove it as a Schedule I substance (which they should).

AFAIC, as long as you're not under the influence (alcohol, narcotics, etc.) and not otherwise prohibited, there should be no issue with possessing firearms. I also don't see any rational reason why marijuana users or drinkers should not be allowed to own firearms.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
In some states it’s a felony to be in possession of a firearm if your in an establishment that servers alcohol or if your under the influence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanna hear a crazy one? In Michigan, if you have a concealed pistol license, you can NOT carry concealed in a bar or tavern, but you can OPEN carry. Without a concealed pistol license, you cannot carry in a bar or tavern at all. Yes, it is that stupid here.

Relative to BAC, you can't be over .02 g/100mm and be legally carrying under a concealed pistol license.

Higher BAC or levels of intox = different penalties.

With a BAC of .08 g/100mm or greater, you can't possess or discharge a firearm, concealed or not.

We have elevendy billion different alcohol/intox/firearms crimes.

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wanna hear a crazy one? In Michigan, if you have a concealed pistol license, you can NOT carry concealed in a bar or tavern, but you can OPEN carry. Without a concealed pistol license, you cannot carry in a bar or tavern at all. Yes, it is that stupid here.

Relative to BAC, you can't be over .02 g/100mm and be legally carrying under a concealed pistol license.

Higher BAC or levels of intox = different penalties.

With a BAC of .08 g/100mm or greater, you can't possess or discharge a firearm, concealed or not.

We have elevendy billion different alcohol/intox/firearms crimes.
Ohio you can carry in a bar so long as it's not posted but you can NOT drink. Also if you have a CCW you can NOT get a weed card it's one or the other.

Reactions: 100Acre and ChadD
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Ohio you can carry in a bar so long as it's not posted but you can NOT drink.
Basically, if you have even one drink here, you will be over .02 g/100mm, so it's the same thing.
Also if you have a CCW you can NOT get a weed card it's one or the other.
A federal judge in OK just ruled that unconstitutional. Not sure what will happen with it, though:

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
Shall not be infringed. My view is all gun laws are unconstitutional.
i think if those who like to enjoy THC should be able to.
i think those who are released form prison should be able to own and posses also. they paid their debt. they should get all 100% of thier rights back.
Again shall not be infringed. Not in the name of safety. or any other BS reason to restrict anyone freedoms to defend ones self.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Shall not be infringed. My view is all gun laws are unconstitutional.
i think if those who like to enjoy THC should be able to.
i think those who are released form prison should be able to own and posses also. they paid their debt. they should get all 100% of thier rights back.
Again shall not be infringed. Not in the name of safety. or any other BS reason to restrict anyone freedoms to defend ones self.
The only one I'm iffy on is when it comes to violent felons. Even if you happen to serve your sentence - and in today's liberal climate, that could mean little more than a brief stay for significantly violent crimes - that doesn't guarantee a positive change in your propensity to not be a violent person. In those situations, I'd have to see more evidence of some type of rehabilitation or what not.

Then again, criminals - violent or otherwise - don't generally obey the law, including firearms laws.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to smoke weed or and off throughout my life but when I was saved almost a year ago, I gave it up. This March or April will make it a whole year without weed or alcohol . That’s why most of my posts are flat and boring like cooking with cardboard. No more ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS SUNSHINE DAY PEOPLE IN THE SNOW AND THE RIVER TRAIL RIDING ON THE WEST MOUNTAINS NORTH WEST RIVER WEST AND THE RIVER WEST. Dang button just keep giving me the same words. Methinks the AI has caught on to my scheming…where’s a planet sized trombone when you need one….?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I used to smoke weed or and off throughout my life but when I was saved almost a year ago, I gave it up. This March or April will make it a whole year without weed or alcohol . That’s why most of my posts are flat and boring like cooking with cardboard. No more ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS SUNSHINE DAY PEOPLE IN THE SNOW AND THE RIVER TRAIL RIDING ON THE WEST MOUNTAINS NORTH WEST RIVER WEST AND THE RIVER WEST. Dang button just keep giving me the same words. Methinks the AI has caught on to my scheming…where’s a planet sized trombone when you need one….?
It's awaiting your arrival, know what I mean?

HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started taking CBD gummies for my back pain. I don't think it helps with the pain directly, but the days my back is acting up and won't release or relax, a drink and a gummy help my relax and let it loosen up. I don't do the pot but I did vote for it. Alcohol had its prohibition, and thats what the devils lettuce is going through now.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Hey there! I just stumbled upon your post and thought I'd share my experience. I used to be a big fan of Mary Jane, but I switched to CBD oil about a year ago and haven't looked back since.

CBD products vs medical marijuana & recreational marijuana aren't really the same thing, per se.

THC is what gets you "high".

CBD doesn't really do that. It's psychoactive properties are super low.

Hemp and cannabis are both plants in a plant species cannabis sativa, but aren't the same.

Hemp containers higher amounts of CBD vs THC, while cannabis contains higher amounts of THC vs CBD.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
For medicinal it comes down to Sativa or Indica.

In terms of particular ailments, sativa strains tend to be better for psychological disorders like depression, PTSD, and anxiety. Indicas are often the best for pain and inflammation and, thus, are beneficial for patients with arthritis, fibromyalgia, and cancer.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
R

roughneck266

Aug 27, 2023
Lufkin, Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Alcohol users can own guns. I don’t see a problem here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only real difference is that Alcohol isn't deemed illegal. I was a bartender for 10 years. Believe me when I tell you, I am far more comfortable with a guy smoking a bong hit and being around guns, than I am someone doing 5 shots and being around guns. Never once saw two stoners beat the crap out of each other. Plenty of drunks do though. Im sure you can make a stoner mad if you eat all the twinkies, but he is unlikely to do more than give you a stern warning.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!