Cheers from Macks Pine! 1529632246030909816735

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been wondering why the brakes weren’t very strong on the flatbed trailer. Finally decided to look into it and found the problem.

View attachment 79192

The inner seals had failed on three of the four tires.

Does your axle spindal have the bearing buddy with a grease zerk at the end? If so be careful when pumping grease through it. I’ve seen too many seals get hydraulically pushed out of the wheel hub just a little bit, with being over greased. Two pumps max if you can’t spin the wheel while you are greasing it, 3 if you can spin the hub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does your axle spindal have the bearing buddy with a grease zerk at the end? If so be careful when pumping grease through it. I’ve seen too many seals get hydraulically pushed out of the wheel hub just a little bit, with being over greased. Two pumps max if you can’t spin the wheel while you are greasing it, 3 if you can spin the hub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does have zerks but I haven’t ever greased them. That’s probably a bad thing since I’ve had it since 2013. We packed these bearings by hand and reinstalled just for that same reason.

Now on my 6.5’x10’ I added a brake kit and over greased it one time. It was pulling to one side when braking because only one side had grease in the drum. And it seems once they start leaking, it won’t stop. So I had to replace the seal on that one too but that’s been years ago.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!