H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

J

JTW

Ok well what I meant was it seems like since some in that group got a different machine that all the rest have been left behind or second best. Pioneer is still a good machine not overnight pos. And us that still ride them are still the same. I understand those are a good machine but it’s not the only one and people have other reasons for a few others that are still good. Yes it makes it like cruise control for some and levels the playing field where people with less ability can follow but don’t forget the Pioneer is still capable and some of us wheelers can still get around although we have to work at it harder.
We were all pretty good friends and since some got a different machine they seem too good for the group and all that’s heard is buy a krx. It’s becoming like a Polaris cult to a degree. Things definitely changed within our group of friends, many won’t hang out in years to come I’m afraid, just sucks to see.
And you act like everyone jealous, I don’t think that’s exactly it. Some maybe, me maybe of the ability to buy one but not machine, more so of loosing longtime friends.
What are you smoking?? I hope when you get a talon you’re not painted in the same light you’re painting others. Is it only a cult if it doesn’t say Honda on the front? Because that seems to be the only people that are butt hurt. For years the narrative was buy a Honda... any other machine owner that came here was chastised. Now some of us are chastised and not very welcome because we didn’t buy a Honda. It was fine for us to support the club then as long as it was on the beloved Honda.. but god forbid another manufacture make a better machine. The fact that you believe the machine is what determines who your friends are is really rather sad. I’ll continue to ride with those I ride with and be friends regardless of what someone owns. As for the ability to buy one... ANYONE can! If you can buy a pioneer and spend 10k on it. Then you can buy a KRX and spend a fraction of that. I have more in the pioneer than the KRX by a long shot. Hence, a MAJOR part of why I suggest it. Am I being a better friend suggesting something that you can ride and not work on and not throw parts at after every ride? Or would a selfish friend say hey... buy this Honda and do all this s*** to it and still not have a machine that will perform the way this other stock machine will because it says Honda and that’s what I have?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What are you smoking?? I hope when you get a talon you’re not painted in the same light you’re painting others. Is it only a cult if it doesn’t say Honda on the front? Because that seems to be the only people that are butt hurt. For years the narrative was buy a Honda... any other machine owner that came here was chastised. Now some of us are chastised and not very welcome because we didn’t buy a Honda. It was fine for us to support the club then as long as it was on the beloved Honda.. but god forbid another manufacture make a better machine. The fact that you believe the machine is what determines who your friends are is really rather sad. I’ll continue to ride with those I ride with and be friends regardless of what someone owns. As for the ability to buy one... ANYONE can! If you can buy a pioneer and spend 10k on it. Then you can buy a KRX and spend a fraction of that. I have more in the pioneer than the KRX by a long shot. Hence, a MAJOR part of why I suggest it. Am I being a better friend suggesting something that you can ride and not work on and not throw parts at after every ride? Or would a selfish friend say hey... buy this Honda and do all this s*** to it and still not have a machine that will perform the way this other stock machine will because it says Honda and that’s what I have?
I think your full of poo on your diagnosis of Honda owners. Back off, most of us here are haired over and can make our own decisions on what we need for enjoyment, I like the wilder side and that leaves Honda Talon outta the picture for me, but for the most part the I4WD is all most need!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Say what you will, but I do believe you've brought on most of the "chastising" in regard to the KRX simply because you chimed in on every thread imaginable with your tagline... I know you and just blow it off as you being JTW, but 99% of the guys your posting that in response to do not. If a guy asks which wheels and tires he should run on his Talon or which roof works best, "have you considered a KRX?" isn't you being helpful or a good friend. It is a nice machine, and probably the best out of the box bang for your buck for how our group rides, but not everyone rides that way (or plans to ride that way) when they are asking questions about their Honda....on a Honda forum.

J

JTW

Say what you will, but I do believe you've brought on most of the "chastising" in regard to the KRX simply because you chimed in on every thread imaginable with your tagline... I know you and just blow it off as you being JTW, but 99% of the guys your posting that in response to do not. If a guy asks which wheels and tires he should run on his Talon or which roof works best, "have you considered a KRX?" isn't you being helpful or a good friend. It is a nice machine, and probably the best out of the box bang for your buck for how our group rides, but not everyone rides that way (or plans to ride that way) when they are asking questions about their Honda....on a Honda forum.
Oh, yes... it eventually turned into a game... that’s very true. But it did not start out that way! Leaking vaginas brought out the sharks.

But as far as the chastising... nope. The butt hurt group brought that on. See, even before you, the major focus was the riding. We just happened to be on Honda’s. At some point that changed. Now it’s less about the riding and more about the “group”.. There are several factors that are shuffling along the change. But make no mistake.. things here are changing. And change isn’t always a good thing!

But most importantly...what should be most taken away from this conversation is...

Have you considered a KRX?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh, yes... it eventually turned into a game... that’s very true. But it did not start out that way! Leaking vaginas brought out the sharks.

But as far as the chastising... nope. The butt hurt group brought that on. See, even before you, the major focus was the riding. We just happened to be on Honda’s. At some point that changed. Now it’s less about the riding and more about the “group”.. There are several factors that are shuffling along the change. But make no mistake.. things here are changing. And change isn’t always a good thing!

But most importantly...what should be most taken away from this conversation is...

Have you considered a KRX?
I think honestly most people have at least considered a KRX. Hell even I entertained the idea. Hell who knows maybe you the time I’m ready for something the big three will get together and build a really bad ass unit that transforms for everyone. Or the Robbie G machine gets smaller and cheaper.
One thing for sure is as long as the libs don’t kill our sport and this country continues on there will always be the next best rig out every 6 months.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good lord, who gives a rats ass what anybody drives? I'll ride with you regardless of what you show up in as long as you're not an asshole. Hell, I will probably still ride with you if you're an asshole, I've ridden with @JTW quite a few times and he's a prick. You can think my machine is a piece of s*** and I can think the same of yours, that's just fine because neither of us has to drive the other one. I'd still break mine if it came down to it trying to help you out of a bind. I enjoy off-roading in general and all of the different types of vehicles that come along with it, whether it be a rock bouncer, mud truck, UTV/ATV, dirt bike, whatever.
Dang well said Adam.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
IMG 20201204 070125
Good view of Mt. Hood this morning 😍

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ow crap, Hell hath no fury compared to the P5 group! You've heard it! Come on P5'ers give them hades, like you used to give me until I learned better!
...and if you decide to buy a new machine, hell yeah! I want to check it out regardless of what it is.

We call those P500's!

Some A arms, tuned shocks, true 28's and bucket seats makes it bearable. Still isn't a pillow but I'll sacrifice to ride where you never will.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Some A arms, tuned shocks, true 28's and bucket seats makes it bearable. Still isn't a pillow but I'll sacrifice to ride where you never will.
I figured the horde would have been along sooner! I've got the single seater version of the P5 for those 50" trails:

Still baffles me that they don't do a P5 Deluxe or LE that has the DCT and diff lock. Maybe they don't so they don't eat into the higher end ATV sales as I would have definitely spent a few grand more for a P5 with those options over the Rubicon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!