Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
WOW, I thought it was a given he would be attending, plumbers are covered up with work across the Nation though. If @CumminsPusher could make it, bet he would make it.
Yep that was 41 hours straight driving one way with a stop in basically Canada. And going to do it again. We never went over a couple hours drive or taken more then a day off from work prior to that, so anyone can do it if they really want to. You only live once, tomorrow always gets shorter.

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
This is happening way too much with the P1K/Talon.
Yep, I think the cable stretched on mine. After getting it all back together and watching the linkage work I could see it struggle to push it into low. I adjusted it again and it goes right into low every time but you still have to shift it with some force. I think a lot of these issues come about because people want to just move the lever over to L nice and easy (which you should be able to do....), but if the cable isn't EXACTLY right it doesn't engage.

Definitely an issue that Honda needs to address.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep, I think the cable stretched on mine. After getting it all back together and watching the linkage work I could see it struggle to push it into low. I adjusted it again and it goes right into low every time but you still have to shift it with some force. I think a lot of these issues come about because people want to just move the lever over to L nice and easy (which you should be able to do....), but if the cable isn't EXACTLY right it doesn't engage.

Definitely an issue that Honda needs to address.
I've noticed some of the extended shift gates and someone (@hondabob maybe) who notched out the shift slot a bit for solid engagement.

OK Honda...so the shift cable needs to be adjusted properly? Understood...But mm PERFECTLY?
How about admitting you f***ed up and fixing it instead of pretending you can do no wrong? You shouldn't have to use laser-precise measurements to keep from blowing out the sub tranny. It's not rocket science, but i sure do miss the days when Honda seemed as though they had rocket scientists working for them.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who can we get to talk Plumber into going to the T.O.?
I'm going to try, but highly doubt it, last week of school for the kids and wife started a new job that keeps her too busy till around fathers day. So I'm kinda slinging everything around here by myself. Who put the T.O. in June anyway?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!