P500 Half windshield with visor

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Finally gave up on my Honda OEM full windshield due to the scratches and the visibility problems from them. I installed a Tusk half windshield, but still did not like the open area where rain could just go straight in on the dash. I used some 1/4" HDPE from Menards along with the upper hinge mounts from the Honda windshield to make this hinged visor. Have not had it out yet, but am looking forward to the visor making more shade in the cab. When parked I can put it down in case of rain too. I left it about 2" short on each side so I can easily grab the roll cage.

Open
Closed

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got a chance to use the new visor/windshield setup. It’s in the 90’s here in communist Illinois and the extra shade from the visor is great. Overall the setup works very well. Might be branch catcher during hard trail running though.

D

Deleted member 3748

The manufacturer of my half windshield recommended a California Duster to clean the dirt and dust off while riding. It works great and no scratches. I've always had one in my car to clean the interior while I was going through the car wash and I just bought another for the Pioneer. I got a dash duster so it takes up less room.

https://amazon.com/California-Car-Duster-62447-Dash/dp/B003TTV9AO/?tag=sxsweb24-20

PS - I like your visor idea and you did a good job thinking through the hinges and fasteners. Well done.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you....duster looks like a great idea. looking forward to using it in South Dakota next week out chasing Pdogs :)

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Just got back from my annual prairie dog trip. Had a great time. Hot and windy as expected. Little P500 was awesome as expected. Visor setup worked great...don’t see any changes I need to make. Did some trail running in the Missouri River valley. Machine is a real mule.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!