BOX1

Hand held wired winch remote

P

Pmromanchock

Jan 3, 2021
Windber pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm new to this forum and new to sxs as a whole- I live in the mountains of western PA and would like to add a winch to my new p700-4. Im looking to stay in the low-mid price range for a new winch ($200-250) because I'm not expecting much more use than a plow. Many of the winches in that range come with either a wireless OR rocker switch only it seems. I'd like to stay away from the wireless and am wondering if a wired, handheld remote can be added to a set up sold only with a rocker switch?

Reactions: Raynman and Mudder
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm sure one could be added if you could figure out the wiring, but the Badlands 5000 on my 700 came with both a rocker switch (which I never installed) and a plug-in wired remote.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The badlands 5k comes with both. I wasn’t a fan of the switch that came with it so I upgraded to a rocker switch from the club store and my wired remote just piggybacked on top of it. I’ve seen a lot of add on wireless controls but I can’t remember seeing any wired.

P

Pmromanchock

Jan 3, 2021
Windber pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah the wiring was my concern to... if and how it could be done. Still not sure if I even really need the extra remote but thought it might be nice just in case and I will check into that Badlands. Thank you.

Reactions: Mudder
P

Pmromanchock

Jan 3, 2021
Windber pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
There are a few wired availa
The badlands 5k comes with both. I wasn’t a fan of the switch that came with it so I upgraded to a rocker switch from the club store and my wired remote just piggybacked on top of it. I’ve seen a lot of add on wireless controls but I can’t remember seeing any wired.
Yeah there are a few wired that I've found. Never installed a winch, so by piggybacking ur meaning just double up the leads going to each switch?

Reactions: Mudder
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
Look at the 5K Badlands winch fromHarbor Freight, it is a great deal. You can download a 20% of coupon in the store and get it for $160 plus tax, then just buy the winch mount of your choice. I just installed one on my KRX, on my Pioneer I have a Superwinch which has been great also, but it cost more and did not come with the dash switch.

Reactions: Mudder and JenElio
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Yeah there are a few wired that I've found. Never installed a winch, so by piggybacking ur meaning just double up the leads going to each switch?
Some spade terminals have small flat place to slide another spade terminal on. You could just splice them together. The rocker from the club has them and allows you to just slip them on.

EF843E79 A838 4A9C B57A 26BF32FB13DE

Reactions: TripleB
P

Pmromanchock

Jan 3, 2021
Windber pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah there are a few wired that I've found. Never installed a winch so by piggybacking ur meaning just double up the leads going to each switch?
Some spade terminals have small flat place to slide another spade terminal on. You could just splice them together. The rocker from the club has them and allows you to just slip them on.

View attachment 259060
Thank u that's what I was looking for... I appreciate the help

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Go with the wired remote and dash rocker switch. You won’t regret it. I added an after-market remote from Amazon. It was $20 or so. I use all of them but I use the wireless remote the most!

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Go with the wired remote and dash rocker switch. You won’t regret it. I added an after-market remote from Amazon. It was $20 or so. I use all of them but I use the wireless remote the most!
That’s what im working towards. The trifecta wired wireless and a rocker. I use mine mainly for working around the yard. The rocker is nice when you have some help but the wired is what I use the most. Going to try the new wireless remote from badlands it’s supposed to work on all their winches.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!