IMG 0948

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ha, ha. I got a story for this topic.

It was about 1992. I was racing a lot at a drag strip down south. It was a warm day. This young man in a Hemi Cuda was doing a lot racing back to back. It was an original from what was understood. It was his dads. He turn some good times. But, like we all hear. All good things must come to an end. He was staging off his burnout. Pulled up to line. Lights walked down and he gassed it rolled about a foot an front of car settled and come to a stop. Bottom end came unglued. Parts were laying all over starting line. Announcer went silent for about 30 seconds. Pushed it out of way cleaned up mess. Started racing again. I would hate to have been him when he got home.

Reactions: Mopower58
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ha, ha. I got a story for this topic.

It was about 1992. I was racing a lot at a drag strip down south. It was a warm day. This young man in a Hemi Cuda was doing a lot racing back to back. It was an original from what was understood. It was his dads. He turn some good times. But, like we all hear. All good things must come to an end. He was staging off his burnout. Pulled up to line. Lights walked down and he gassed it rolled about a foot an front of car settled and come to a stop. Bottom end came unglued. Parts were laying all over starting line. Announcer went silent for about 30 seconds. Pushed it out of way cleaned up mess. Started racing again. I would hate to have been him when he got home.
Fortunately the only engine that has ever come apart with me was around 1992 also. It was a Stage V iron headed 440 with aluminum rods. It had a little over 600 passes on it and one of the aluminum rods broke. It took out everything except one head and the carburetor. After that incident I sold the car as a rolling chassis.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Single carbed NASCAR engines?

IMG 0951

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!