P700 Hard Cab enclosures for Pioneer 700 deluxe

P

Prurojolubo

Jun 30, 2020
Chippewa falls, WI
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am new to this site so am not sure how to ask a question and which forum to use. With that said I just bought a 700 deluxe and want to use it for plowing snow in Wisconsin. I am 76 years old and want to be warm while plowing. Is the Hard Cab enclosure a good choice for winter plowing? Does it add a lot of weight? Can I install it with my brother's help? Thanks. Rick

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I'll preface this by saying I don't plow snow. However I do use the full hard cab for hunting. About all it will do is keep some of the elements and some of the wind off you. I've tried to seal all the air leaks and find that impossible to do. The doors will greatly decrease your side to side visibility. For extended plowing or during sub zero days, you would most likely need some type of a heater.

The hard windshield with wiper, hard rear window, hard roof and the doors are not that difficult to install. They are heavy to say the least. You will probably need the help of a 30 yr old person. (I'm 73)

Owning the complete hard cab at a cost of almost $3000. just isn't worth it in my opinion. With that said, I've seen some great after market cab enclosures that are much better and cost a lot less. Sorry, I can't recall the brand it was. I do remember that the complete door was see-thru.

Lots of good folks here, someone will have first hand experience at plowing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Might check these out and see if it will work for you. hardcabs.com/manufacturer/honda

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!