P1000 Hard shifting into park ???

H

Helihead

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys. I have a 2018 1000-5 with only 215 miles. It seems to be getting harder and harder to go from high gear into park. I figure it’s probably some linkage adjustment just not sure if that would be in the front linkage or the rear linkage. Any ideas would help. Thanks

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Hey guys. I have a 2018 1000-5 with only 215 miles. It seems to be getting harder and harder to go from high gear into park. I figure it’s probably some linkage adjustment just not sure if that would be in the front linkage or the rear linkage. Any ideas would help. Thanks
The rear linkage adjustment (also known as the flux capacitor around here) controls the engagement of 2WD and Turf mode. It's the silver box under the driver rear floorboard on a 1k5. When the machine is put in Park, it engages 2WD. Do you notice any issue with it switching from Turf to 2WD or vice versa when it is in gear? If not, I'd take a look at the front linkage for the gear selector (it's right behind the battery).

H

Helihead

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. I’ll take a look. I haven’t noticed anything on the 2 Wheel Dr. and turf mode shifting but I’ll get it out and tinker with it a little bit. Only thing I’ve noticed is it’s hard to get back into Park from high gear

C

Chmathu89

May 13, 2019
St. Anne, Il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2018 does the same. Sometimes it is stiffer than others, but if i shut the engine off while still in high it shifts into park without an issue so i'm guessing it is more of an internal bind.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My 2018 does the same. Sometimes it is stiffer than others, but if i shut the engine off while still in high it shifts into park without an issue so i'm guessing it is more of an internal bind.
This suggests that the clutch isn't fully disengaging, does it try to creep on a smooth, flat surface?

C

Chmathu89

May 13, 2019
St. Anne, Il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This suggests that the clutch isn't fully disengaging, does it try to creep on a smooth, flat surface?
No it doesn't creep at all, it takes a little throttle input before I can feel the clutch engage.

Reactions: CID
H

Helihead

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just checked mine and on a concrete floor it does want to creep forward when you let off the brake . Also when I turn the key off it does shift into park easily. If the clutch is staying engaged a little watch the fix for that

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just checked mine and on a concrete floor it does want to creep forward when you let off the brake . Also when I turn the key off it does shift into park easily. If the clutch is staying engaged a little what's the fix for that?
Go here, read this, pay particular attention to the video in post #11 -

Reactions: Chmathu89
H

Helihead

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will do this Saturday and see what happens

Reactions: CID
coltjester

coltjester

Jul 10, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just finished my clutch reinitialization. Boy. I should have done this months ago. Shifts from any gear into park like butter. Thanks again!

Just did mine yesterday with little over 100 miles, as it was difficult to get the selector into low range. Nice and smooth now! 👍

Reactions: TripleB and CID
H

Helihead

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
well it’s been a busy week and weekend. I finally got out to the pioneer. I reinitialized the clutch while watching the video that was linked. It did exactly what you guys said it would do and it’s shifting better than it has since I owned it. This place is awesome. Thanks for all the help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!