DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
...changed fuel injector as it seemed intermittently working,
This might be something. The crank position sensor is built into the stator assembly. I kinda hate that...mostly because it makes it harder to replace in the field compared to some, but then again, I think I've heard of (maybe) 3 actual failures. I did a post about on another site that basically discussed trying to prepare for possible failures on the trail, and how to over come them. The crank sensor is one area that can't be easily fixed trailside. Fortunately, they often give some warning before dumping completely.

How many miles/hours @BigMac ?
The 500/700 are easily the most reliable sxs's you can buy, and the 520 shouldn't have any surprises, but is the bed on the 520 going to be big enough?

BigMac

BigMac

Sep 22, 2015
Ownership

1. 700-2
Any ideas on why the 2016 700-2 stator coil burned out?

We had been using it to spray with a small electric pump 15-gallon sprayer connected directly to the battery. Battery positive wire has to go through a 40 AMP fuse and regulator/rectifier before it goes to the alternator. I imagine connecting through the accessory plug is wiser to prevent accidents and 10 amp vs 40 amp fuse.

The mechanic said maybe a short somewhere.

Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!